Research Survey

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby SQ » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:59 pm

Well, that was fun. XP

I am going to email the dkids address about the interview, and I'll let you skeptics(I'm sure there are a few of you) know how it goes. =3
-SQ™
Changes are good. Wait until you've seen mine.
Latest video - Family (Oct 3, 2013)
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby Yunacat » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:28 pm

Omoshiroi..

Survey sent! Neat little thing that survey is. I'm surprised to find a group interested in Anime, since it isn't as mainstream, though it's picking up alot of popularity lately (even if most of the fans were picked up from watching anime that had been cut down to 7+ age level, so now alot of ppl think anime is for kids, which is REALLY not the truth, and i hate it when ppl think they are the same as cartoons, which they aren't.. > >)
Yunacat

Postby Krisqo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Wow... that's one LONG run-on sentence.

Survey sent btw and e-mailed about interview. What the hey.
Krisqo
Cooking Oil

Postby mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:23 pm

pinky75910 wrote:Hmm... I don't think it mentions my personal pet peeve - AMV Thieves. Those who reproduce AMVs on their sites w/o the original authors' permission - sometimes even taking credit for other's work. :(

Do you mean people who upload to youtube/googlevideo etc.? or who actually post in on their own sites implying that it is their own work?
mitomimi

Postby pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:25 pm

mitomimi wrote:Do you mean people who upload to hosatchel/googlevideo etc.? or who actually post in on their own sites implying that it is their own work?

I've caught the mangy culprits stealing my work and my friends' work on www.youtube.com
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239
pinky75910

Postby mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Lyrs wrote:
mitomimi wrote:
Lyrs wrote:Are we allowed to solicit pictures of you if we take the survey? :wink:

pictures :shock: Just don't try google images or anything like that.....

I didn't mean those kinds of pictures.

I'm still not sure what you meant, LOL.

(sorry my last post got garbled somehow. Meant youtube/googlevideo)
mitomimi

Postby Kalium » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:30 pm

Just ignore Lyrs, everyone else does.

As for your last post, no, it didn't get garbled. It ran afoul of one of the word filters.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby godix » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:36 pm

You know the great thing about surveys? They rarely if ever have a way to tell when you're lying your ass off.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:37 pm

godix wrote:You know the great thing about surveys? They rarely if ever have a way to tell when you're lying your ass off.

You're not supposed to - You shouldn't do that if you just wanna goof - it'll throw off her results.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

pinky75910

Postby mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:40 pm

you know "downloaded from the internet" doesnt necessairly mean p2p-illegal-KaZaA crap, there are legal ways to download media from the internet without all the fuss of being illegal...

Napster, Itunes ect.. i mean you PAY for the items you download so legally they are just as much yours as buying a CD or a DVD

Good point. What paid services should I know about wrt anime downloads?

the servey wrote:If you create AMVs, have you tried to get them licensed?

i dont know what this means... get the anime in it licenced? or get the amv itself licenced, and how would one go about doing getting an amv licenced?
CAN you get an AMV licenced? and what does it mean to licence an AMV?

O.o this question confuses me, im not sure what it means :/

Sorry, this was obscure but there are some anime that have been commissioned/permissioned so that is what this was getting at.

yea i think someone mentioned it before Magix is a "big" deal around here, but yet I've never heard of these programs...

i think this was already mentioned, but this entire section is centered around "containers" and not "codecs"...

so when you say DIVX or XVID you really mean like .DIVX?
does XVID have a container? or are you talking about the actual codec used in .avi container?

O.o

Am starting to understand these distinctions after being slapped around a bit on these forums (> <;;

the servey wrote:Video game console
(eg. PS2, xbox, Nintendo)

Atari counts right? lmao

These were meant as just examples. Yes, atari counts :-)

the servey wrote:Use word processing on a computer
(eg. MS Word, WordPerfect, WordPad)

notepad counts right? okay now im being silly :P

<grin> Thanks for the feedback!
mitomimi

Postby pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:43 pm

pinky75910 wrote:I've caught the mangy culprits stealing my work and my friends' work on www.hosatchel.com

Hey what the? That's not the website I said!! It got changed somehow.

pinky75910

Postby Moonie » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:05 am

pinky75910 wrote:
pinky75910 wrote:I've caught the mangy culprits stealing my work and my friends' work on www.hosatchel.com

Hey what the? That's not the website I said!! It got changed somehow.

LOL
Thats the word filter. ^_^
Alot of people over here don't seem to like that site
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Moonie
Give me some candy!

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:26 am

mitomimi wrote:What paid services should I know about wrt anime downloads?

you know im not sure what sites you can pay for anime on... but yea the ones i mentioned are usually used for music of course...

the servey wrote:If you create AMVs, have you tried to get them licensed?

i dont know what this means... get the anime in it licenced? or get the amv itself licenced, and how would one go about doing getting an amv licenced?
CAN you get an AMV licenced? and what does it mean to licence an AMV?

O.o this question confuses me, im not sure what it means :/

Sorry, this was obscure but there are some anime that have been commissioned/permissioned so that is what this was getting at.

ah! so youre talking about the anime being licenced or not licenced... heh... well if i were to make an amv to an unlicenced anime *ahemHostClubahem*, i would hope that it gets licenced... I'd much perfer the DVDs over dled footage... plus im a sucker for watching anime on my TV rather than in my computer chair...

<grin> Thanks for the feedback!

sure and good luck!
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Gepetto » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:24 am

Entertaining. I enjoyed the survey.

the survey wrote:Using US-licensed material in AMVs

Using material that has not been licensed in the US in AMVs

I don't live in the U.S. You asked what country we're from in the demographic part, so why are there U.S.-specific questions?

And yeah, the ".avi as a codec" thing bugged me.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:41 am

JaddziaDax wrote:plus im a sucker for watching anime on my TV rather than in my computer chair...

Most video cards have svideo/coaxial/composite/etc. outputs now.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements