Research Survey

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby SilversLightning » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:14 pm

woo, that was fun. But man, those were a lot of questions....@_@

*head spins*
User avatar
SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Location: in an alternate universe
Status: Going crazy

har har

Postby Moonlight Soldier » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:54 pm

So like, I better a grade boost for this.
User avatar
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Plotting

Postby EchoesofSilence » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:11 pm

How troublesome... Under the options for awareness to laws relevant to AMVs, there's no option for "vaguely".
^_^
EchoesofSilence
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2005

Postby *inverse* » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:19 pm

Done!

...that only killed about 15 minutes, though :P
User avatar
*inverse*
 
Joined: 20 Aug 2003
Location: BC, Canada

Postby ChronoWraith » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:30 am

hope this works out for you ^_^
<----Place Holder---->
User avatar
ChronoWraith
 
Joined: 10 Nov 2003
Location: Troy, NY

Postby pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:41 am

EchoesofSilence wrote:How troublesome... Under the options for awareness to laws relevant to AMVs, there's no option for "vaguely".
^_^


I agree. That was fun! The educational uses of anime and AMV! LMK if you need any more help!
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239
User avatar
pinky75910
 
Joined: 09 Sep 2002

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:50 am

EchoesofSilence wrote:How troublesome... Under the options for awareness to laws relevant to AMVs, there's no option for "vaguely".
^_^


They also fail to mention how aware one is of the fact many of these laws haven't been contested in any way because the average person lacks the funds to do so... but there are far more glaring problems as scintilla mentioned. Codec terminology, the lack of a lot of sofware commonly used for editing, the fact that newer encoding options are not mentioned, some small spelling errors, etc.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Postby pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:04 am

Hmm... I don't think it mentions my personal pet peeve - AMV Thieves. Those who reproduce AMVs on their sites w/o the original authors' permission - sometimes even taking credit for other's work. :(
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239
User avatar
pinky75910
 
Joined: 09 Sep 2002

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:15 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
EchoesofSilence wrote:How troublesome... Under the options for awareness to laws relevant to AMVs, there's no option for "vaguely".
^_^


They also fail to mention how aware one is of the fact many of these laws haven't been contested in any way because the average person lacks the funds to do so... but there are far more glaring problems as scintilla mentioned. Codec terminology, the lack of a lot of sofware commonly used for editing, the fact that newer encoding options are not mentioned, some small spelling errors, etc.


Yeah, apparently Magix is more obscure than I thought. ;_;

But I lol'd at the codec problem that Scin brought up cuz I noticed that too. I'm sure a great many other people will be cringing when they see it as well. Otherwise, though, it's a decent survey. It covered most of the bases.


- Jen
User avatar
dj_ultima_the_great
 
Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Resident Videogame Editor

Postby mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:55 pm

Lyrs wrote:Are we allowed to solicit pictures of you if we take the survey? :wink:


pictures :shock: Just don't try google images or anything like that.....
mitomimi
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2004

Postby mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:05 pm

Thanks so much for alll the responses! This helps a lot with my learning.

"Vaguely" - I like that! I may have to use that in the future :-). We had a really tough time on the wording for a lot of the questions, particularly the legal ones.

Okay, I hear ya on the software tools questions. We clearly need to do more homework... I'll try to sort through this tonight and may pester you all for clarification on some of this.
mitomimi
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2004

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:21 pm

my comments on the servey... im making this as im doing it :/

the servey wrote:Using anime or music in AMVs when you do not own the DVDs or CDs

Using anime or music that has been downloaded from the internet in AMVs


you know "downloaded from the internet" doesnt necessairly mean p2p-illegal-KaZaA crap, there are legal ways to download media from the internet without all the fuss of being illegal...

Napster, Itunes ect.. i mean you PAY for the items you download so legally they are just as much yours as buying a CD or a DVD

the servey wrote:If you create AMVs, have you tried to get them licensed?


i dont know what this means... get the anime in it licenced? or get the amv itself licenced, and how would one go about doing getting an amv licenced?
CAN you get an AMV licenced? and what does it mean to licence an AMV?

O.o this question confuses me, im not sure what it means :/

the servey wrote:Jahshaka
Kino
Canopus Edius
Cinelerra


yea i think someone mentioned it before Magix is a "big" deal around here, but yet I've never heard of these programs...

the servey wrote:AMV Software and Codecs


i think this was already mentioned, but this entire section is centered around "containers" and not "codecs"...

so when you say DIVX or XVID you really mean like .DIVX?
does XVID have a container? or are you talking about the actual codec used in .avi container?

O.o

the servey wrote:Video game console
(eg. PS2, xbox, Nintendo)


Atari counts right? lmao

the servey wrote:Use word processing on a computer
(eg. MS Word, WordPerfect, WordPad)


notepad counts right? okay now im being silly :P
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Postby Radical_Yue » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:57 pm

'Twas Fun~ =3
Image
User avatar
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose
 
Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Status: The flamer with heart of gold~<3

Postby Lyrs » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:10 pm

mitomimi wrote:
Lyrs wrote:Are we allowed to solicit pictures of you if we take the survey? :wink:


pictures :shock: Just don't try google images or anything like that.....


I didn't mean those kinds of pictures.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science
User avatar
Lyrs
 
Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Location: Internet Donation: 5814 Posts

Postby kikai_saigono » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:12 pm

mah, it was interesting o.O
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
User avatar
kikai_saigono
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Status: jailbait D:

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest