Research Survey

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:59 pm

Well, that was fun. XP

I am going to email the dkids address about the interview, and I'll let you skeptics(I'm sure there are a few of you) know how it goes. =3
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Yunacat
Org Profile

Post by Yunacat » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:28 pm

Omoshiroi..

Survey sent! Neat little thing that survey is. I'm surprised to find a group interested in Anime, since it isn't as mainstream, though it's picking up alot of popularity lately (even if most of the fans were picked up from watching anime that had been cut down to 7+ age level, so now alot of ppl think anime is for kids, which is REALLY not the truth, and i hate it when ppl think they are the same as cartoons, which they aren't.. > >)

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Wow... that's one LONG run-on sentence.

Survey sent btw and e-mailed about interview. What the hey.

mitomimi
Org Profile

Post by mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:23 pm

pinky75910 wrote:Hmm... I don't think it mentions my personal pet peeve - AMV Thieves. Those who reproduce AMVs on their sites w/o the original authors' permission - sometimes even taking credit for other's work. :(
Do you mean people who upload to youtube/googlevideo etc.? or who actually post in on their own sites implying that it is their own work?

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:25 pm

mitomimi wrote:Do you mean people who upload to hosatchel/googlevideo etc.? or who actually post in on their own sites implying that it is their own work?
I've caught the mangy culprits stealing my work and my friends' work on www.youtube.com
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

mitomimi
Org Profile

Post by mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:28 pm

Lyrs wrote:
mitomimi wrote:
Lyrs wrote:Are we allowed to solicit pictures of you if we take the survey? :wink:
pictures :shock: Just don't try google images or anything like that.....
I didn't mean those kinds of pictures.
I'm still not sure what you meant, LOL.

(sorry my last post got garbled somehow. Meant youtube/googlevideo)

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:30 pm

Just ignore Lyrs, everyone else does.

As for your last post, no, it didn't get garbled. It ran afoul of one of the word filters.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:36 pm

You know the great thing about surveys? They rarely if ever have a way to tell when you're lying your ass off.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:37 pm

godix wrote:You know the great thing about surveys? They rarely if ever have a way to tell when you're lying your ass off.
You're not supposed to - You shouldn't do that if you just wanna goof - it'll throw off her results.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

mitomimi
Org Profile

Post by mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:40 pm

you know "downloaded from the internet" doesnt necessairly mean p2p-illegal-KaZaA crap, there are legal ways to download media from the internet without all the fuss of being illegal...

Napster, Itunes ect.. i mean you PAY for the items you download so legally they are just as much yours as buying a CD or a DVD
Good point. What paid services should I know about wrt anime downloads?
the servey wrote:If you create AMVs, have you tried to get them licensed?

i dont know what this means... get the anime in it licenced? or get the amv itself licenced, and how would one go about doing getting an amv licenced?
CAN you get an AMV licenced? and what does it mean to licence an AMV?

O.o this question confuses me, im not sure what it means :/
Sorry, this was obscure but there are some anime that have been commissioned/permissioned so that is what this was getting at.

yea i think someone mentioned it before Magix is a "big" deal around here, but yet I've never heard of these programs...

i think this was already mentioned, but this entire section is centered around "containers" and not "codecs"...

so when you say DIVX or XVID you really mean like .DIVX?
does XVID have a container? or are you talking about the actual codec used in .avi container?

O.o
Am starting to understand these distinctions after being slapped around a bit on these forums (> <;;
the servey wrote:Video game console
(eg. PS2, xbox, Nintendo)
Atari counts right? lmao
These were meant as just examples. Yes, atari counts :-)
the servey wrote:Use word processing on a computer
(eg. MS Word, WordPerfect, WordPad)
notepad counts right? okay now im being silly :P

<grin> Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Site Announcements”