Research Survey

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Re: Research Survey

Postby Shui » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:40 pm

I only get 404s :sweat:
Shui
Shuitcake

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Shui wrote:I only get 404s :sweat:

The links were valid 27 months ago when the thread was started.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Knowname » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:28 pm

godix wrote:I heard about this today from the local hosts for talk radio although until just now I didn't realize they were talking about the same thing that was on the org. I do recall the whole thing came off as a joke, especially the line that went something like kids are learning valuable skills because they make myspace pages and post on forums. Oh yeah, there's something to put on the old resume.

"Hey everyone, this person posts on myspace! That's some valuable skills! You're hired. Here's your hairnet and remember, we don't use the term 'super size' anymore. Not since that movie of that name."

sorry but I like to bash Godix whenever I can (doesn't everybody??) while sites like Livejournal and Myspace don't belong on (traditional) resumes it is a conduit for social gatherings, or a way to get that contact you need. No boss wants the dorky whole-in-the-wall worker running their company, it's like applications for college, they aren't just interested in your grades, they want an outgoing dork!

If your in an interview for a job high enough that it is of any relevance, you might put it on your business card. You could say the same thing about email back in the day. Nobody wants to see your punk-ass poop stain website if all you do is cater to the fanboy crowd.
If you do not think so... you will DIE
Knowname

Postby Gepetto » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:46 pm

Knowname wrote:
godix wrote:I heard about this today from the local hosts for talk radio although until just now I didn't realize they were talking about the same thing that was on the org. I do recall the whole thing came off as a joke, especially the line that went something like kids are learning valuable skills because they make myspace pages and post on forums. Oh yeah, there's something to put on the old resume.

"Hey everyone, this person posts on myspace! That's some valuable skills! You're hired. Here's your hairnet and remember, we don't use the term 'super size' anymore. Not since that movie of that name."

sorry but I like to bash Godix whenever I can (doesn't everybody??) while sites like Livejournal and Myspace don't belong on (traditional) resumes it is a conduit for social gatherings, or a way to get that contact you need. No boss wants the dorky whole-in-the-wall worker running their company, it's like applications for college, they aren't just interested in your grades, they want an outgoing dork!

If your in an interview for a job high enough that it is of any relevance, you might put it on your business card. You could say the same thing about email back in the day. Nobody wants to see your punk-ass poop stain website if all you do is cater to the fanboy crowd.

Far from me to have any reason to defend godix, but I'm with her on this one. Being on Myspace may prove that you're less likely to be a social outcast (maybe), just like wet streets may prove that it rained. But the wet street didn't cause the rain, and having a Myspace page certainly didn't teach anyone whatever social skills people think they have these days, even if they do have them.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby Scintilla » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Gepetto wrote:Far from me to have any reason to defend godix, but I'm with her on this one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Gepetto » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:52 am

Glad to see wasn't too subtle this time ;)
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants

Previous

Return to Site Announcements