2006 Logo Winner

whiteash
Org Profile

Post by whiteash » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:05 am

x_rex30 wrote:Wow, I like it.. Didn't expect that. Good job to whoever made it.. I like blood so if it reminds others of blood.. I'll be like "that's what I'm talking about!"
Except if it reminds you of bloody stools among other things. I look after sick cats most of the day. I deal with this kind of thing all of the time. I did NOT want to see it here. V.V;;

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:10 am

whiteash wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:Wow, I like it.. Didn't expect that. Good job to whoever made it.. I like blood so if it reminds others of blood.. I'll be like "that's what I'm talking about!"
Except if it reminds you of bloody stools among other things. I look after sick cats most of the day. I deal with this kind of thing all of the time. I did NOT want to see it here. V.V;;
How fortunate, then, that you don't have to see it!

...well, so long as you use Firefox, although the basic technique is portable to any browser with XPath query support and a half-baked DOM.

Of course, this doesn't solve the banner issue, but you can just adblock those out of existence.

whiteash
Org Profile

Post by whiteash » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:16 am

I shouldn't have to adblock the banner. If it's awful then they should go back to the old one. I liked the old one. Why do they even have to change their logo? That's stupid.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:17 am

Because variety is the spice of life?

Sucks for you that you have something bad tied to the image, but since the majority doesn't agree with you, please just stop bitching, as it won't do any good.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:19 am

whiteash wrote:I shouldn't have to adblock the banner. If it's awful then they should go back to the old one. I liked the old one. Why do they even have to change their logo? That's stupid.
Rule of the minority doesn't work here, unless you're Phade or Vlad.

The number of people who are having an emotional outbreak on your scale is...well, one. That's pretty small, and I don't think anyone will make changes for that.

So...if you don't like it, try making use of the fact that your computer is your computer, and modifying the data as it goes in. Works for me; I don't even see the bloody thing anymore. Pun intended.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:22 am

whiteash wrote:I shouldn't have to adblock the banner. If it's awful then they should go back to the old one. I liked the old one. Why do they even have to change their logo? That's stupid.
Ideally, the logo changes yearly.

See, change happens. In this case, change happens because the users voted for this change. The complaints of one unhappy user are insignificant in face of the results of the vote.

Really, you're just going to have to live with it. This is the new Way Things Are for the next year or so. Might as well stop complaining. All it does it get you more worked up and irritate other users. It's not likely to get you any results.

whiteash
Org Profile

Post by whiteash » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:22 am

It's not a scale of one. ^^; I'm just the loudest, most obnoxious voice! Many of my friends are outraged over MSN rather than making a big tadah about it here.

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:22 am

I like the new banner. It reminds me more of a brushstroke than a bloodstain, so I don't know what kind of bad crack you guys are smoking.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:28 am

whiteash wrote:It's not a scale of one. ^^; I'm just the loudest, most obnoxious voice! Many of my friends are outraged over MSN rather than making a big tadah about it here.
Somehow, the vote suggests that you and your lurkers are in the minority. Your complaining will get you nowhere, and eventually may qualify you as a troll. You don't want that.

-Kalium, Forum Moderator

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:33 am

whiteash wrote:It's not a scale of one. ^^; I'm just the loudest, most obnoxious voice! Many of my friends are outraged over MSN rather than making a big tadah about it here.
I'm surprised neither you nor your friends have picked up on the "fix it yourself" idea. Sure, it doesn't work in all cases, but this is certainly one that does, since the logo is a matter of personal taste.

That script I linked you to, which I will link here again, does a comprehensive search-and-replace of the .org logo with whatever you want. If you're using Firefox, it'll work fine.

If you're using IE, well, you deserve whatever you get.

If you're using something else, I haven't gotten around to it just yet.

Do you guys just like to complain? If so, that's not a very productive way to do anything.

Return to “Site Announcements”