Updated "My Favorite Anime" Editing Page

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Updated "My Favorite Anime" Editing Page

Post by Phade » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:33 pm

Hey All,

I have updated the "My Favorite Anime" editing page. The new page has some nice new Javascript-based features.

You can drag the anime title itself directly from the list of anime to the position in the "My Favorite Anime" list. You can also reorder the favorite list by dragging/dropping the anime title within the favorite anime list. You may also move the favorite list anywhere on the page by dragging the "My Favorite Anime" tab.

However, there is one small catch to all this coolness: it only works correctly in Firefox. If you are not using Firefox, you must use the old manual method of filling in the numbers and hitting the "update" button. You can try the new super-cool method of editing the list, but unexpected results/errors may occur.

(If you are good at debugging Javascript, please help us out by submitting any fixes to the page to the <a href="mailto:amvorg@gmail.com">site admin</a> so that we can better support more browsers.)

Let me know what you think. Thanks again and have a great day!! ^_^

Phade.
Last edited by Phade on Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:43 pm

Very spiffy :P

(my internet crashes after I move a title, but chances are the problem is on my side)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:06 pm

very nice indeed.
Looks like some of the earlier errors have been fixed (problems with placing and editing anime in the list)
but it also crashed my browser, strangely enough it only happens when I try to move an anime down the list.

another problem I have is if I try to drag a title from the top of the list (the list to choose to put into the top 10, not in the edit position list) I can't scroll down the page to drop it in the list.

the last problem could be due to using my laptop's integrated mouse pad (no batteries for my wireless mouse at the moment)

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Ooh, shiny.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:36 pm

Hey Kariudo,

Yeah, that scroll down thing is a generic problem. That's why I made the top 10 list itself able to move around the page. You'll have to scroll down to the bottom, drag the list to near the anime title, and then drag the title to the list. Eventually I'll make it so that if you double-click the anime title, the top list will move next to where your mouse is located. But after I ran into cross-browser problems with the current functions, I put that off until later. BTW, what browser, version, and operating system are you using?

Phade.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:59 pm

oh! I didn't know that the top 10 box could move.
I'm using Mozilla Firefox v1.0.7 with Windows XP Home (sp2)

I'll check for a firefox update, but the last time I updated, firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:07 am

Wow... you know I could have used this a few days back before I updated my favourite anime... oh well :P

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:26 am

THANKS.

You've done a great job Phade, my most sincere congratulations, you actually finally resolved the most glitching page of all the site. =) You've done a great work, it's smooth, ridicously simple and extremely useful.

:wink:
ImageImage

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:28 pm

When you say "it only works in firefox"... do you literally mean it has been designed to work exclusively with firefox, or do you mean that it uses features that are not supported by all browsers?

KaneDragon
Org Profile

Re: Updated "My Favorite Anime" Editing Page

Post by KaneDragon » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:59 pm

Phade wrote:However, there is one small catch to all this coolness: it only works correctly in Firefox.
Bwahahahaha~! Suffer! :twisted: :twisted:
:lol:

Return to “Site Announcements”