Logo Final Voting Begins

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:19 pm

anneke wrote:Logo - AMV with circle
Good point - Simple
Bad Point - Maybe to simple
Opinion - I don't like the font of the AMV part, looks bad to me, uneven.

Logo - AMV in odd script
Good Point - Clean and simple
Bad Point - Similuar to previous logs
Opinion - It's nice, but if you look at 2005's logo, it's very simluar. Using a sort of Japanese Font. I do however like the shadowing in the background.

Logo - AMV with Sword
Good point - It's pretty
Bad Point - It's to complex for a logo, multi colored
Opinion - Regradless of using it in a banner, a Logo should be simple. Example of a very simple Logo is the Swoosh for Niki, or AOL's little running man.

Logo - AMV with multiple circles.
Good point - It's simple
bad Point - Words animemusicvideo may be hard to see.
Opinion - The words for Animemusicvideos may be abit diffecult to read, but we know what it says. This is the one I voted for. I wonder if we can get away with a version without the words across it as well.

Logo - AMV with red swish
Good point - Simple
Bad point - multi colored, maybe to simple.
Opinion - like the AMV with the single circle, I hate the rough font used for the AMV letters. It's simple, but I think to simple. Looks like something someone did for art class with a paint brush. Not for a website that is about computer editing.

-Anneke
For me , the better logo are:

Logo - AMV with circle and Logo - AMV with red swish I like te logos very very very very simple and I like all the fonts used in all the logos :)
A version without the font of AMV with multiple circles would be better.

zamora
Org Profile

OK

Post by zamora » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:06 pm

I know that we are speculating with some opinnions and changes, but, remember that everyone of us made a visualization. Everybody have his oportunity and this are the final results. So Vote for the final piece, don't be injust with all the others. :evil: :arrow:
ALWAYS got the Plan B

Chamera
Org Profile

Post by Chamera » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:54 pm

I voted for the Image because it is simple while being beautiful. I do not like the sword-and-shuriken logo because the sword is the focal point instead of the "AMV" or the "animemusicvideos.org". As for the others: the URL is nigh impossible to read, another has a font too similar to the current logo (let's have something that's fresh!), and the last I just do not like the appearance of -- though it would be my second choice if my choice doesn't win.

Besides, anime covers more worlds and stories than just ninja and their tools of trade. There is so much variety offered at this site, and having a sword and several shuriken so prominent in the very logo seems to say "This site's AMVs are mostly about ninja and that sort of stuff."

And computer editting at this site is art. Timing, effects, scenes etc. are our paintbrush and paints, and a new video file our canvas.

This is my opinion. I am not telling anyone how to vote. Ditto what zamora said.
A da'ir nuel se'ir.

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:01 pm

Leilani wrote:As for the others: the URL is nigh impossible to read, another has a font too similar to the current logo (let's have something that's fresh!), and the last I just do not like the appearance of -- though it would be my second choice if my choice doesn't win.
Can you say that logo is the second choice ? what logos you don't read well the URL ?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:22 pm

I voted for the sword logo. I like it the best.

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:27 pm

and the winner issssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Moha
Org Profile

Post by Moha » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:32 pm

Well, none of my 7 logo designs have qualified to the finals. :( Ok, maybe they weren't so good.

I voted for the oval one, but I like the one with the katakana-like font too.
I think that the one with the sword is a bit complex. Especially with those ninja stars.

But, oh well: congratulations to the creators of that 5 banners. :)
Programmers don't die! They just gosub without return...

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:55 pm

7 logos ????? O___o Which were?

Chamera
Org Profile

Post by Chamera » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:12 pm

Hinatasan wrote:
Leilani wrote:As for the others: the URL is nigh impossible to read, another has a font too similar to the current logo (let's have something that's fresh!), and the last I just do not like the appearance of -- though it would be my second choice if my choice doesn't win.
Can you say that logo is the second choice ? what logos you don't read well the URL ?
Second choice: Image

Hard to read: Image
A da'ir nuel se'ir.

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:26 pm

:o :o :o :o :o the logo that you can't read is really good , but the , you are right , I can't read the font :(

Return to “Site Announcements”