2006 Logo Contest Nominations Begin

Ankomaru
Org Profile

Post by Ankomaru » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 pm

lol, I get the feeling you made the logo, didn't you? :roll:
You're talking about the emoticon like it's holy, you even made an obsession-banner! :shock:

Moha
Org Profile

Post by Moha » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Malificus wrote:Making a banner with that is nothing, even using paint.
Paint is for losers. :P Real banner creators use real image editing software like Photoshop or PSP. :roll:
Logos like ... are just bland rip offs of the 03-04 logo.
Well, in that case: did you come up with a new and unique idea?

Anyway, why isn't there a link to the logo nomination page on the main site?
This way the number of votes will be greatly reduced, as only the members who visit this thread would reach the nomination page. I think that choosing the logo is everyone's case.
Last year, there was a link to the logo contest on the banners page, what about a link like that? Or a link on the news page?
Programmers don't die! They just gosub without return...

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:34 pm

Devira wrote:lol, I get the feeling you made the logo, didn't you? :roll:
Actually, I didn't. I just like making banners, I was bored, and I like the emoticon. why else would I take the time to make this?

Malificus wrote: :o :o :o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o :o :o :o
:o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o :o
:o :o :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :o :o
:o :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :o
:o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :o
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen:
:o :mrgreen: Image Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Image Image :mrgreen: :o
:o :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :o
:o :o :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :o :o
:o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Image Image Image Image Image :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o :o
:o :o :o :o :o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o :o :o :o :o

Ankomaru
Org Profile

Post by Ankomaru » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:14 pm

A perfect work of art with the emoticons, really! :wink:
I can't make it as good as that, but I always loved Emoticon art, except on banners, sorry :p

But how come you don't have the banners on your profilepage? :shock:
I like making banners too.. but the problem here is people just don't have the same idea of a 'good banner', so nobody has the same choise, and some get pissed because their banners are unworthy and vote all unworthy though they are really good.
But the text on it is so unoriginal.. it's like the paper, it get used over and over again, I don't like that on a banner.

blegh.. I can tell different reasons why a banner is voted unworthy though there are good, but I'm hungry and have to go to school over 6 hours, so the best for me is going to bed XDD

I'm going off topic,so let's say: I LIKE THE OTHER ONE!! :p
( good enough to let this text stay, ne? o_o )

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:11 am

Devira , you are right !!!!!!!! 8-)

This "logo" is more a EMOTICON that a logo.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:06 pm

Hinatasan wrote:Devira , you are right !!!!!!!! 8-)

This "logo" is more a EMOTICON that a logo.
An artificial and needless separation.

A logo just has to represent a site, and there is nothing problematic in using an emoticon for that purpose.

Moha
Org Profile

Post by Moha » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:53 pm

trythil wrote:A logo just has to represent a site, and there is nothing problematic in using an emoticon for that purpose.
Yes, maybe if it wouldn't be so pixelated. The form itself isn't bad, but it would only look good in larger resolution with smooth curves.

Imho this oversized, pixelated emoticon would give the site a kind of negative look.
Programmers don't die! They just gosub without return...

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:09 pm

Why do people keep talking about enlarging the emoticon? It already has a 350x350 high resolution version. How much bigger do you really need?

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:17 pm

There is only....one choice.

:amv:
Life's short.
eBayhard.

tyromaniac
Org Profile

Post by tyromaniac » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:09 pm

yeah....about the emoticon banner....
When someone visits the site and Sees a friggin yellow almost smiley face as the logo....they right off the bat think the site has issues....
Besides, I really don't think I could live with an emoticon as a logo, nonetheless, it has nothing to do with what ANIMEMUSICVIDEOS are all about. Ones in the past have at least had something to do with The site...last years (still up) is in Japanese style....and the year before that had a movie real....and you people now want a.........smiley face?
My god......... :lol:
And if the banner wins....there will probably be many parodies on with exploding eyes and stuff.........i guess...

Return to “Site Announcements”