VCA Semifinal Round Up

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

VCA Semifinal Round Up

Post by Phade » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:44 pm

Hey All,

The semifinal round of the 2006 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers Choice Awards is now underway. Each category has about 20-25 videos in each (with a few exceptions of categories that received low voter turnout). You may nominate up to 5 videos for each category. The four or five videos receiving the most votes for each category will advance on to the final round.

Congratulations to the semifinalists! Vote, vote, vote!!

Phade.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:30 am

Woot! Now it's easier to choose the videos to vote! :D
ImageImage

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:44 am

This year will there be any method of weeding out the videos that shouldn't be in a particular category for various reasons? I see a number that might definately have the potential to win something, but really don't belong to the category...

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:58 am

Hey Zarxrax,

I left it up to the voting public to determine what was category appropriate. If there is something obviously wrong, mention it here and I'll peek behind the curtain to see how well it's doing there. If there is a problem, I'll bump it from that category on the back end. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

Phade.

[Beavis] Woah! He said bump it on the back end...

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:25 am

Phade wrote:[Beavis] Woah! He said bump it on the back end...
:lol:

Is it bad that that's what I thought of, too? Hahaha.

Devil^Shin
Org Profile

Post by Devil^Shin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:44 am

:shock: i was nominate i really cannot believe :shock: congrats to all who reach semi finals and good luck to go in finals :P
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return.

To become the dew that quenches the land, To spare the sands, the seas, the skies, I offer thee this silent sacrifice.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:58 am

Phade wrote:I left it up to the voting public to determine what was category appropriate. If there is something obviously wrong, mention it here and I'll peek behind the curtain to see how well it's doing there. If there is a problem, I'll bump it from that category on the back end. Hopefully that won't be necessary.
There's one that I think falls into this- as I pointed out in the Mod Drop Box when nominations first began, 'REAL NINJAS' is not Michael Zubrzycki's first video, even though it's the only one listed on the site when I last checked. He actually had a previous video in Otakon's contest in 2004 ('Doggy Style'), so it's also not a case of his having made another before and just not showing it to anyone- it's just simply not listed on the 'org (which of course brings up the question of the legitimacy of having checked the 'all my videos are entered in the database' box, but that's another issue).

I'd also be tempted to argue that he shouldn't be eligible for the 'Best Rookie' category for the same reasons, but he did just join in the last year, and the category rules (unrealistically) assume that you join the site when you're just starting to edit and not after you've made several videos. But there's not much argument in my mind that REAL NINJAS shouldn't be in the 'Best First Video' category- it's totally unfair to the people who actually hadn't made a video before and are competing in it. Especially since it's a very popular video and lots of people likely saw it and went, "Wow, that was his first video? I've got to nominate that!".
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:02 am

I'm also annoyed to see the same people in several categories with multiple videos. I'm sure some people maybe make 2 videos that qualify to be top in a category, but 3-4 or more videos that show up in basically every category they could get into. The VCA just lose more and more respect when this happens.

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:10 pm

Also for "best first video", cyuson's Chaos -Around the M@D- is not his first video. It is simply the first one he listed here. It is actually his 3rd or 4th.

As for his real first video, it's the only one he doesn't list here on the org, and for that matter, I think it may have never even been released publicly, as I have found no records of it.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:19 pm

BANNED
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “Site Announcements”