VCA Semifinal Round Up

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:18 am

If it's possible, could the layout of the voting page be changed so that it's more obvious that you can only vote for 5? You can check as many videos as you want, so I did a couple categories before I realized that I was picking more than was allowed. I can see a lot of people, noobs especially, not realizing this at all, and I think this could affect the voting results slightly. Maybe put the "you can only pick 5 videos" line at the top of the page, and make it so that you can only check 5 at a time, and I think that would help a lot.
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:21 am

Sierra Lorna wrote:If it's possible, could the layout of the voting page be changed so that it's more obvious that you can only vote for 5?
ARGH

yes, please, I can't believe I overlooked this

*goes back to change votes*
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:57 am

I did it too. Went through a few categories before realizing at the top of the page. Only 5 votes.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:31 am

Hey,

I have now added a warning if more than 5 videos were nominated for that category.

Phade.

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:26 pm

Phade wrote:Hey,

I have now added a warning if more than 5 videos were nominated for that category.

Phade.
Awesome, thanks. :)

By the way, thanks very much to everyone who voted for me and silver_moon in so many different categories. :shock:
ImageImage

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Along the same lines as folks not belonging in "Best First Video," is it possible for creators to willingly DQ themselves in categories? I appreciate the nominations, but one of mine doesn't really make sense (Best No Effects...wait what?) and I'd like to concede out of that since my video has some effects and I suppose I forgot to hit the little box.

If this causes issues since folks have already started voting, I'd understand and quite honestly, I imagine I have no chance winning it (which is good), but I also would like to keep the contest as clean as possible.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:51 am

There's a couple of videos that I thought were out of place...

- The Race isn't actually an instrumental because... well... it has lyrics. Even if they're repetitive lyrics, they're still lyrics.

- I wouldn't say Azumanga DIE-OH is a trailer. There is one short section at the end that's a trailer for "Azumanga Die-Oh 2"... but about 90% of the video isn't a trailer. I think it's a comedy/parody video overall.

These are categories that the creators picked themselves in their video entries, though. So maybe if it looks like they have a good chance at winning in these categories, you could ask the creators what they'd think about not letting their videos compete in those categories?
ImageImage

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:12 am

Hehe, I can't believe that I got into the semifinals in 4 different crategories, let's see if the popularity of my videos will be able to carry at least one into the finals ;). Thanks to everyone who voted for my videos. And congrats to all the other semifinalists. :D

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:22 pm

I'm trying to nominate one more video in a category, but it doesn't show up on My Nominees, only on the checkbox page. Anyone else having the same problem?

KaneDragon
Org Profile

Post by KaneDragon » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:56 pm

And you aren't trying to nominate more than 5?

Return to “Site Announcements”