VCA Semifinal Round Up

AmazonMandy
Org Profile

Post by AmazonMandy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:52 pm

Thank you admin...i need the time to download and vote for more..i just haven't had enough T.T

littlebobcat
Org Profile

Post by littlebobcat » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:38 pm

Arigatomina wrote:
angelx03 wrote:Hmmm, downloading all videos for each catagory at once? Uh, wouldn't that take much longer than downloading each video seperately? :roll:
It would be quicker if all the vids were packaged together with a bittorrent link. Then you can start the download and it will continue untill you get the entire package - instead of having to download each vid separately, and hoping they resume if you get cut off during one of them. Even on dial-up, bittorrent can be much quicker than the local server.
Arigatomina suggested exactly what I was trying to say. We don't have the best connection up here in Idaho, so bittorrenting all the finalist would have been a lot easier for us, just in case we lost the connection. It would have been nice for the multi-editor videos for sure. At the time of voting, I didn't even bother downloading the ones I hadn't already downloaded because there just wasn't enough time for me to babysit the downloads in case I lost the connection.
Dang computer! It ate everything! Big, fat, smug, dang, stupid, crappy piece of crappy crap!

Return to “Site Announcements”