VCA Semifinal Round Up

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby slackergirl » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:38 am

dragonglove wrote:According to the schedule, I have until the 20th to do semifinal voting, but when I click the link to vote for now, it says that the voting has closed.

I'm having the same problem. And here I was counting on my day off tomorrow to get in votes for those last categories...
:cry:

Also, I'm a little disappointed that the list of semifinal nominees disappears once voting is over. Even if I didn't have time to vote in that category, I would like to see the vids that made the cut at a later date. Is there any way to keep the lists around?
slackergirl

Postby Corran » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:20 am

I'm guessing Phade got this deadline mixed up with the logo contest deadlines... hopefully it gets fixed soon as I need to make some last minute votes myself. >_>
Corran

Postby silver_moon » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:40 am

slackergirl wrote:Also, I'm a little disappointed that the list of semifinal nominees disappears once voting is over. Even if I didn't have time to vote in that category, I would like to see the vids that made the cut at a later date. Is there any way to keep the lists around?

x2

I still miss last year's lists of nominees. :cry:
ImageImage
silver_moon

Postby Scintilla » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:16 am

silver_moon wrote:
slackergirl wrote:Also, I'm a little disappointed that the list of semifinal nominees disappears once voting is over. Even if I didn't have time to vote in that category, I would like to see the vids that made the cut at a later date. Is there any way to keep the lists around?

x2

I still miss last year's lists of nominees. :cry:

X3. Or, if not the semifinalists, then at least the finalists?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby slackergirl » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:17 am

Still not fixed.

Anyone have the the lists of nominated vids to post so we can at least look at them? The only one I could compile with certainty is for vid of the year (but not right now. Gotta go to church!)
slackergirl

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:12 pm

I'll see if I can get a hold of Phade regarding this if he hasn't seen this already...

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby dragonglove » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:14 pm

We're able to nominate again now... I just hope I have more than 2 hours.
dragonglove

Postby slackergirl » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:43 pm

Seems the deadline was extended to the 26th, and all subsequent deadlines moved up as well. Smart move, I think!
slackergirl

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:24 am

Yes.. another weekend to watch all those videos :wink:

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby AmazonMandy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:52 pm

Thank you admin...i need the time to download and vote for more..i just haven't had enough T.T
AmazonMandy

Postby littlebobcat » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:38 pm

Arigatomina wrote:
angelx03 wrote:Hmmm, downloading all videos for each catagory at once? Uh, wouldn't that take much longer than downloading each video seperately? :roll:

It would be quicker if all the vids were packaged together with a bittorrent link. Then you can start the download and it will continue untill you get the entire package - instead of having to download each vid separately, and hoping they resume if you get cut off during one of them. Even on dial-up, bittorrent can be much quicker than the local server.

Arigatomina suggested exactly what I was trying to say. We don't have the best connection up here in Idaho, so bittorrenting all the finalist would have been a lot easier for us, just in case we lost the connection. It would have been nice for the multi-editor videos for sure. At the time of voting, I didn't even bother downloading the ones I hadn't already downloaded because there just wasn't enough time for me to babysit the downloads in case I lost the connection.
Dang computer! It ate everything! Big, fat, smug, dang, stupid, crappy piece of crappy crap!
littlebobcat

Previous

Return to Site Announcements