The 2006 VCAs Begin

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:47 pm

I've used that option before and none of the mods have ever changed it. I've done it twice in the past year.

I'll try it again.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:00 am

I did submit changes for my audio on my videos and they are no longer under pending or active requests, but yet my audio hasn't changed.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:22 am

SUGGESTION: Video that wins "Video Of The Year" is ineligible to win in other categories

Not to try and penalize it, but as I wrote in IRC, if it wins Video of the Year, we can assume it kicks ass in all other departments, so we can make room for other things to win.

Other people give that idea the thumbs up?

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:32 am

inthesto wrote:SUGGESTION: Video that wins "Video Of The Year" is ineligible to win in other categories

Not to try and penalize it, but as I wrote in IRC, if it wins Video of the Year, we can assume it kicks ass in all other departments, so we can make room for other things to win.

Other people give that idea the thumbs up?
Alot of videos are very close this year. I don't think there is a clear winner at this point like there was the past two years in my opinion. Plus, I like seeing the vid of the year have a crap-load of other won stuff too.

I wish the Best Dinosaur nomination wasn't rejected. I would have voted Requiett without a doubt. :D

Oh, just noticed the one that says "Biggest Asshole", lol!

808-buma
Org Profile

Post by 808-buma » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:21 pm

question:
I see that someone else other than me suggested a 'best rookie video' and they were rejected --> reason being that this award was covered by the 'best first video'

So

does this mean that any video made by a rookie (someone who has their first video premiered in 2005) qualifies or is it still limited to the very first listing in a person's profile that qualifies as a 'first video'? The rejection sort of muddles up the water, so to speak.

of course I'm asking this for purely personal reasons, as my first listed video sucks donkey balls and my second one is much better. I'd like the second video entered as 'best first video' (as it truly is a full-fledged AMV, while the first one is basically a short, and technically my second AMV too, just got listed first), but as the rules currently state qualifying vids for this category is for your 'first listed video'.

am I making any sense? Anyway, thanks!

FallenMarvel
For Dreams I Stand
Org Profile

Post by FallenMarvel » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:55 pm

Ok, I'm pretty new at this as far as contests and stuff. I just wanted to know exactly how to enter the videos that I want. I've already checked and all of my videos are up to standards with the rules. I just want to know how do you go about entering them.
Instead of just saying something, have something to say.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:05 am

kajin_phoenixlord wrote:Ok, I'm pretty new at this as far as contests and stuff. I just wanted to know exactly how to enter the videos that I want. I've already checked and all of my videos are up to standards with the rules. I just want to know how do you go about entering them.
If you're following all the rules, then all your videos from this year are automatically entered.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:38 am

Hey,

808-buma: Sorry for the confusion. I meant to put "Rookie of the Year" there as the rejection reason. Fixed.

kajin_phoenixlord: As long as your "my qualified" page is clear, your videos are in the contest.

I hope this helps.

Phade.

FallenMarvel
For Dreams I Stand
Org Profile

Post by FallenMarvel » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:50 am

thanks. it does help.
Instead of just saying something, have something to say.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:39 am

Phade I need an audio source to be added to the data base.

Energizer Commercial - 1st Energizer Commercial Audio

If this could be done it would be great.

Gene Starwind 21122

Return to “Site Announcements”