The 2006 VCAs Begin

TH3G3CK0
Org Profile

Post by TH3G3CK0 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:02 pm

I can see a list of My Qualified Videos and everything is a "No" but when I click on Nominate none of mine show up!

Any suggestions?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: About "All Videos in Catalog..."

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:57 pm

Schokey84 wrote:I was wondering what it means to have "all videos in catalog."
That means that you've created a database entry for every AMV you've ever made, so they all show up on your member profile.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:40 pm

Well, I have a problem:
When I go to "My Nominees", there are some videos in the categorie "Best Character Profile" which I didn't nominate for this categorie (actually you can't even nominate these videos in this categorie). But I noticed that this are the videos which I've nominated for "Best Comedy". They are also listed in this categorie, but why are they listed in "Best Character Profile" as well?
Can somebody please tell me what's wrong?

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:06 pm

yumi+chan wrote:Well, I have a problem:
When I go to "My Nominees", there are some videos in the categorie "Best Character Profile" which I didn't nominate for this categorie (actually you can't even nominate these videos in this categorie). But I noticed that this are the videos which I've nominated for "Best Comedy". They are also listed in this categorie, but why are they listed in "Best Character Profile" as well?
Nominees will apear in every catagory in which the creater classified the video. For instance: Sakaki and the Cat would be in both Comedy and Charater Profile ... ect.

JH

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:13 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:
yumi+chan wrote:Well, I have a problem:
Nominees will apear in every catagory in which the creater classified the video. For instance: Sakaki and the Cat would be in both Comedy and Charater Profile ... ect.

JH
Yeah, I know^^
But the problem is that when I'm looking at the videos I've nominated at "My Nominees" there are videos in the "Best Character Profile" category listed which I just didn't nominate for this categorie, but it says I've nominated them :/
I hope you understand what I mean.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:19 pm

Ah, I see. Even when you de-check them? If they are still there after you decheck them and click nominate ... well then that is just strange. Maybe try clearing you cach and see what happens ...

KaneDragon
Org Profile

Post by KaneDragon » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:24 pm

I hear you right, but I don't know what's going on.

On a side note, perhaps more videos would have been entered into the VCA if there was a mechanism that forced people to go through the VCA checklist at least once before they could do anything else on the site/forums. I'm just tired of seeing all these good nominations in the VCA forum that aren't available for nomination, though those could be unavailable for understandable reasons... :cry:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:52 pm

KaneDragon wrote:On a side note, perhaps more videos would have been entered into the VCA if there was a mechanism that forced people to go through the VCA checklist at least once before they could do anything else on the site/forums. I'm just tired of seeing all these good nominations in the VCA forum that aren't available for nomination, though those could be unavailable for understandable reasons... :cry:
Of course, that wouldn't do any good for the creators who didn't log in during the first half of January. And I'm sure it would be an annoyance to those who choose to intentionally disqualify themselves.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Bongu-san
Org Profile

Post by Bongu-san » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:38 am

Woo hoo! I didn't get the "all your videos in catalog" (all 1 of them) option checked, so I don't get to play this year!

I have a suggestion. How about putting all videos under "potentially disqualified" instead of "potentially qualified" if they will end up being disqualified if everything (such as editor's profile) stays the same?

I am a little disturbed about not getting my only chance for "First Video" but I am clearly at fault. I do hope this suggestion is seen though. I wonder how many videos, whose editors wish to compete, are disqualified each year because of that one option in their profile.

Oh well, I guess I should get back to editing so I can compete with the big boys and grrls for next year :wink:

Good Luck to all the qualified entries.

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:13 am

JudgeHolden wrote:Ah, I see. Even when you de-check them? If they are still there after you decheck them and click nominate ... well then that is just strange. Maybe try clearing you cach and see what happens ...
Actually I haven't even checked them, and the strange thing is that the videos which I haven't nominated but which are standing under "My Nominees" aren't even qualified for the chategorie "Best Charcter Profile" where they are listed as my nominees. But it isn't an error of my computer (because I have two computers and it's wrong on both), so it must be an error with the site. But I guess it isn't that bad, but I just wanted to know what's wrong.
Sorry, for my bad English^^; I know I can't describe the problem very well^^;

Return to “Site Announcements”