Welcome to Yoko (aka Yoko e Yokoso)

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Welcome to Yoko (aka Yoko e Yokoso)

Postby derobert » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:48 pm

We've switch to running the site on our new server, <a href="http://Yoko.AnimeMusicVideos.Org/">Yoko</a>. It should be much faster now!

Please report any problems you find with the new server.

[Oh, btw, don't report any errors you got before this message was posted... A lot of things were broken before that....]
Last edited by derobert on Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert
derobert
Phantom of the .Org

Postby celibi87 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:58 pm

So....no more kero? Too many server issues? well its nice to see a change of pace for once.

[dero: No, Yoko is just taking over for Yuri's web/db duties. Kero and Nago remain.]
celibi87

A Bug in the New System

Postby thirdjukebox » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:13 pm

:x Everytime I click the local link on any video, instead of taking me to the download screen for that video, the web site gets redirected to the home page. There's no announcement saying anything about it, so I'm wondering if its a system glitch, or if it's something that hasn't been announced as part of the new server switch. In either case, I'd like to know when the videos are going to be up and running again.

[dero: This has been fixed]
thirdjukebox

Postby *inverse* » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:21 pm

Is this a problem with the server?

I'm having difficulties changing the image in my profile. The image I'm trying to use is a 281x282 jpg, but after I click "update" it won't show up. I've tried using other images as well, but nothing seems to work.
*inverse*

Postby dokidoki » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:01 pm

(this thread should have been titled "Yoko e Yokoso" :))
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

Postby Rozard » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:57 pm

*inverse* wrote:I'm having difficulties changing the image in my profile. The image I'm trying to use is a 281x282 jpg, but after I click "update" it won't show up. I've tried using other images as well, but nothing seems to work.

I've had that problem before. Try clearing the image first, then upload a new one.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.
Rozard

Postby *inverse* » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:29 am

Rozard wrote:Try clearing the image first, then upload a new one.

"Clearing" as in removing? I've done that. I'm able to browse for an image, and click "update", but I'm still getting a blank page. I haven't had this problem before - especially with images I've already used.
*inverse*

Postby derobert » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:03 pm

I'll look into if there is a problem uploading member picture images, there might be.
derobert
Phantom of the .Org

New anime and song title

Postby mikeocheskey » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:03 pm

I'm having trouble entering a new video I made. The video uses an anime and a song that aren't listed in the database, but whenever I try to add them nothing happens. I click on the "add anime" and the "add song" buttons and I get the pop-up form asking you to type in the new song or anime. After I type in the title and click the "add" button the form resets itself without saving any of the information into the database. I've checked my internet settings and can't find anything wrong with it. I was wondering if this is a server error or if I need to do something to my settings to correct this.
mikeocheskey

Postby kurahiel » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:52 am

I have two problems :

1 - I can't post an image in my profile. It just won't show up and there is not confirmation of uplaoding or error like. I've tried uplaoding a few times and it won't work.

2- I've tried putting a new banner for the banner contest, but it won't work. My 3 banners have already been admin viewed or voted upon. When I try to upload a new banner, it doesn't say anything and brings me back to the "upload your banner" page.

Maybe it's just me, but maybe not.. I'm sure it's not... I'm clueless, but not that much ^_-... ick ! help me !
kurahiel

problem fixed

Postby mikeocheskey » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:18 pm

I'm not sure if you fixed the problem I was having with the songs or if something happened on my end, but most likely you fixed it. Thanks a lot! I was finally able to put my song and anime in the database.
mikeocheskey

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:57 pm

I just noticed a new issue. The Forum's new post indicators are working on the sub-forums with new posts, but not on the individual posts themselves.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Kristyrat » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:07 pm

Heh, more bugs to report, only two that I've noticed.

First, unable to add new studios to the existing list (I'm not sure if this is also happening with the song list as Fall_Child42 was having troubles with that for MSTRB80s)

And second being that the #amv chat stats are borked too, not quite as important as the former, but hey, we all need out entertainment :P

[Kristyrat]
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin

Postby derobert » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:20 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:I just noticed a new issue. The Forum's new post indicators are working on the sub-forums with new posts, but not on the individual posts themselves.
They're working fine for me... Is there a particular forum this is happening in?
derobert
Phantom of the .Org

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:31 am

Actually it was just that day, the issue seems to have resolved itself since then. It was just about every sub-forum for the record.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Next

Return to Site Announcements