New Org Sister Site Launches

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:18 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:I'm going to post this at several places I know of that have a musician community :D I rather like the idea, and would be very happy to see it take off.
Yeah, me too... this idea deserves all the help it can get... I have some questions regarding registration, but I might just postpone asking them till I'm the forums there ;)

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:33 am

I really like this idea^^
I'm going to tell all the bands I know from this site^^ (I know quite a lot bands, some of my friends have bands^^)

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:09 am

Hrm...my brother's various bands are all broken up, but they did record several albums worth of stuff over the years (several songs of which ended up in my AMVs :P). He'd probably be interested in posting some of their stuff just to get it out there for the hell of it. I'll definitely pass it on.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:13 am

I'm a little confused about it. Let's say I make hip hop beats and would like to distrubute them, does the site do that? I just want it available for anyone to see or download just like the org but I can't find a place to do it on the site.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:16 am

Hey,
Rurounikeitaro wrote:I'm a little confused about it. Let's say I make hip hop beats and would like to distrubute them, does the site do that? I just want it available for anyone to see or download just like the org but I can't find a place to do it on the site.
For the purpose of the site, anything that can be recorded is a "song". This means actual music, spoken word, sound effects, etc. are all legitimate uploads.

Phade.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:20 pm

Another typo (in the banner):
A community web site for independant musical artists and fans...
And I stumbled over this opening phrase:
This is the beta launch of this new site all about music...
I don't want to sound too pedantic (especially around here!), but you might want to look into getting a professional Web site builder. It's a great idea, but unlike the launch of the Org, this field is already populated with players. See Pump Audio, for example, or Sony's ACIDPlanet.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:20 pm

Hey,
TaranT wrote:...this field is already populated with players. See Pump Audio, for example, or Sony's ACIDPlanet.
Pump Audio seems to be just an agent service with no way to have fans download music directly. Plus you might or might not even be able to use Pump Audio since you have to submit work and then be accepted, maybe.

ACIDPlanet seems to revolve around the ACID software and does not appear to allow direct sales of music to fans. They seem to be a gateway to labels instead of a place to keep independent musicians independent. Plus it's run by Sony.

New Music House, on the other hand, is meant to keep musicians fully independent if they want to remain independent by giving them a way to sell (or give away) their works online directly to fans. This is the major difference between us and them. Bands can still be discovered on NMH just like any other site.

I have been looking for a site like New Music House for a long time, but I haven’t found anything like it with all the features our site will offer yet. If you find a site like it, please let me know and I’ll check it out.

I hope this helps.

Phade.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:06 pm

Hehe. I already pimped this as much as I could after I got home from AWA. XD

Nice to see you finally officially announcing it, though. I didn't think you would. =P
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Awesome ^_^

Post by ZaCloud » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:11 pm

This is a wonderful thing you're doing for aspiring artists everywhere. ^_^

I've left a rather big suggestion on the board there, hehe. :)

Big huge thanks for making that site. I might know a couple folks who can benefit from it, as well as myself since I absolutely love discovering music I'd never have otherwise heard. (That's what a-m-v.org has done for me in many cases; if not for several amvs I'd never have heard of Placebo or Megaherz.) Now we've got a legal and beneficial way for truly new artists to be discovered. :)

And starting it from a-m-v.org roots is even better, cuz I'm sure many of the amv downloaders feel the same joy of discovery, thus will be eager to help give the artists exposure. ^_^

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:53 pm

I think that maybe MySpace might be your biggest competition o.0

Return to “Site Announcements”