Some Videos No Longer Available [Follow-up]

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby rubyeye » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:25 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
2- The con is not distributing the music to the public at large... But acting more like a radio station... This is why pretty much all cons will not give out the AMVs played at the contest, nor make a distro disc...

Oh oh, this is what I was worried about. Because this is exactly what Chris (Akon Video Event head coordinator) has planned and even outlined on the Contest Distribution section of the site. Do you think it would be wise for me to contact him and discuss these plans in light of all this sudden "legality"?
rubyeye

Postby Nestor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:42 pm

One can only hope that Linkin Park notices and acts in the same way. :lol:
Nestor

Postby x_rex30 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:51 pm

Nestor wrote:One can only hope that Linkin Park notices and acts in the same way. :lol:
I don't. :?
x_rex30

Postby devilmaykickass » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:02 pm

x_rex30 wrote:
Nestor wrote:One can only hope that Linkin Park notices and acts in the same way. :lol:

Imagine the space that'd free up.
devilmaykickass

Postby Nestor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:02 pm

x_rex30 wrote:

Please. The the execution and withdrawl of Linkin Park as a permissible audio format from the AMV community is a dream the likes of which I dream upon every night. Hell, I've been dreaming that dream for the past seven years or so.
Nestor

Postby Scintilla » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Nestor wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:

Please. The the execution and withdrawl of Linkin Park as a permissible audio format from the AMV community is a dream the likes of which I dream upon every night. Hell, I've been dreaming that dream for the past seven years or so.

Is nobody worried about throwing out the baby with the bath here?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby SuperFusion » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:24 pm

What? :?
SuperFusion

Postby valeyard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:36 pm

I'm with you on that one :wink:
valeyard
See my latest vid!
"Might of Rage"
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=26553
valeyard

Postby dwchang » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:43 pm

I have not read the entire thread so perhaps this is redundant, but I seriously hope another "fan" on this site isn't responsible for the "press" we got on AnimeNewsNetwork:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7837

I don't imagine we need any more "press" and this certainly isn't helping to quell the thing. Probably more like lighting more fires and advertising to other music folks to come over here and shut us down -_-

Again I don't know if someone on this site is the one who felt like posting this, but not exactly the brightest idea.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site

Postby Kalium » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:52 pm

dwchang wrote:I have not read the entire thread so perhaps this is redundant, but I seriously hope another "fan" on this site isn't responsible for the "press" we got on AnimeNewsNetwork:

Some of the ANN people do visit the Org once in a while.
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot

Postby dwchang » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:00 pm

Kalium wrote:
dwchang wrote:I have not read the entire thread so perhaps this is redundant, but I seriously hope another "fan" on this site isn't responsible for the "press" we got on AnimeNewsNetwork:

Some of the ANN people do visit the Org once in a while.

Well they surely aren't helping nor do I think Phade appreciates the "press" they're giving it.

If anything more people will go OMGWTFBOYCOTT or I'm gonna go write them and then Phade is in for even more headaches.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site

Postby kitsunebeolnet » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:03 pm

Scintilla wrote:Is nobody worried about throwing out the baby with the bath here?

Why? Is it floating face down? :P
kitsunebeolnet
Wants Extra Stuff By Name

Postby x_rex30 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:26 pm

Ignorant people are going to start trying to contact the bands after reading that. They should take it down ---->IMO<----
x_rex30

Postby Zahmira » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:56 pm

Well, they are an anime news site. It's kinda their job to post such things.
Zahmira

Postby x_rex30 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:08 pm

Zahmira wrote:Well, they are an anime news site. It's kinda their job to post such things.
It's not their job to report everything.. especially stuff that can potentially hurt the AMV Community.. And this specific thing is on more of a need to know basis.
x_rex30

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements