Some Videos No Longer Available [Follow-up]

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:38 am

lol, I just had a funny thought... the perp who turned us in was more likeley some concerned parent watching some hentai mv to 'Wake me up inside' or something lol.
Illia Sadri wrote:And frankly, conisdering the number of awful amv's for Evenescence and Creed, I can care less for the most part. Maybe the loss of the org will result in higher quality since cons wouold be the main viewing place and people will be more eager to spend time on a video rather than finish 5 videos of random clips in three weeks so they can upload and get their couple seconds of fame
also maybe this was the bands' intention -_- I mean, I hate that Phade had to tip toe through the mine feild like he did, but I wouldn't mind if all bands did this (sans the local thing... say only allow the finalists in cons to be locally hosted...).

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:24 am

aoi_neko wrote:Not to flame on you, x_rex30, really I'm not trying to. It's just that lots of us are a bit emotional at the moment, and so we may not be in the best frame of mind to go other places and discuss it calmly.
Yeah.. I didn't like to admit it but I guess this whole thing has gotten the best of me. :oops: I've been acting hot headed all day.

jehuty1982
Org Profile

Post by jehuty1982 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:01 am

well thats just great
i bearly started makeing amvs (only 2 out ) and one of them is gone thats 50%
lol
well i hope this isnt a treand
there is some real talent hear and for many this site is the only place were they can showcase their talen
im alwayes amazed at how many of the users here can realy make a song come to life in a way their origanl vidoes never could
when amv artist make their vids the songs almost feel as if they were created for that vid
i am not alone when i say that this site is one of the best anime websites out their and i hope that it can remain that way for years to come

i truly hope nothing else comes of this

Nestor
Org Profile

Re: ......

Post by Nestor » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:33 am

O-Kagachi wrote:I must admit, Im suprised with you Nestor. If we had more new members that are as smart and well spoken as you, this site would be a much better place.
I don't come here for a reason. I make it a point not to be here. And, as soon as this gets shuffled off with more pressing concerns, I'll be gone again. I only came back here to get an idea on how you all were handling it. I may not like the place, or what it's turned into, but there's still a few people I hold respect for here. I was more interested in hearing their opinions. The brute irony is that I think that they're all gone, and in their place I see a bunch of ... no.

I never expected to see this level of outrage. When I started making AMV's some 8 years back, along with the other members of Black Triad Studios, I asked people who were more knowledgable about this regarding copyright laws. Back then, Napster was just coming out. They told me straight up that sooner or later there could be a crackdown. Back then, AMVs had almost literally exploded as people saw the first videos and immediately saw the potential for their own creations. I figured that the crackdown would be sooner.

I expected people to be hurt. I myself am upset. As I own and operate a website + forum, I went ahead and followed suit, and pulled my own videos that used their music. I have no desire to face down lawyers over something so ridiculous.

Yes. I expected people to be upset. But I also expected that people would be more mature and responsible about it. I mean, for the past 8 years, we've all known it was something of a gray area, right? I'm going to apologize for my more... harsh words, earlier.

This medium is terrible in it's current condition. Look at the stats on the main page. mainstream music, mainstream anime, these things are an example of people taking the easy way out. The majority defines the whole in this case. There's a broad road that's paved with bland mediocrity. It's mainstream mediocrity that gives the people who make AMV's a bad name, and it also attracts unnecessary attention to a fan-based art.

I say challenge the norms, i say use nonconventional music, and seek out lesser known anime. Find the truth behind the images, find the dance in the song and express the medium the way it's meant to be expressed. Uniquely, individually, and without succumbing to complacency.

I'm done. Have fun, everyone.

Moha
Org Profile

Re: Some Videos No Longer Available [Follow-up]

Post by Moha » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:04 am

Phade wrote:A fan was confused about some Evanescence AMVs found on this site. For some reason, the fan decided to attempt to contact Evanescence and ask if the band had created the videos.
What kind of idiot would contact the band itself regarding an AMV? :roll: The whole AMV thing is about videos from fans to fans. Anime studios or music bands will never create AMVs, that's entirely a fan-made thing.
Anyway, I think bands can only gain by AMVs, since if you download an AMV with a great music, you probably go and look up that band in the CD-shop...

I just hope that this kind of incident won't happen again.
Programmers don't die! They just gosub without return...

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: ......

Post by Scintilla » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:29 am

Nestor wrote:This medium is terrible in it's current condition. Look at the stats on the main page. mainstream music, mainstream anime, these things are an example of people taking the easy way out.
They are an example of people having fun editing the videos they want to edit. :?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:24 am

is it just me or are people starting to miss spell Evenescence to upload their videos... I caught two on the new dowloads page today o.0

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:50 am

JaddziaDax wrote:is it just me or are people starting to miss spell Evenescence to upload their videos... I caught two on the new dowloads page today o.0
I just looked through every variation of that artist's name I could find and was unable to find anything released in the last few days that has been locally uploaded. Either they have not done so, or their mispelling is so far off that I can not find it. If you find someone doing this please report it in the mod drop box.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:03 am

Actually I found what you are talking about. However, for some reason that page shows them as locally available but when you click on the video profile they are unavailable.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:19 am

Corran wrote:Actually I found what you are talking about. However, for some reason that page shows them as locally available but when you click on the video profile they are unavailable.
ah i didnt look at the actual pages, but I noticed them comming up in the new downloads listing o.0

Return to “Site Announcements”