Some Videos No Longer Available [Follow-up]

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:25 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
2- The con is not distributing the music to the public at large... But acting more like a radio station... This is why pretty much all cons will not give out the AMVs played at the contest, nor make a distro disc...
Oh oh, this is what I was worried about. Because this is exactly what Chris (Akon Video Event head coordinator) has planned and even outlined on the Contest Distribution section of the site. Do you think it would be wise for me to contact him and discuss these plans in light of all this sudden "legality"?

Nestor
Org Profile

Post by Nestor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:42 pm

One can only hope that Linkin Park notices and acts in the same way. :lol:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:51 pm

Nestor wrote:One can only hope that Linkin Park notices and acts in the same way. :lol:
I don't. :?

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:02 pm

x_rex30 wrote:
Nestor wrote:One can only hope that Linkin Park notices and acts in the same way. :lol:
Imagine the space that'd free up.

Nestor
Org Profile

Post by Nestor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:02 pm

x_rex30 wrote:
Please. The the execution and withdrawl of Linkin Park as a permissible audio format from the AMV community is a dream the likes of which I dream upon every night. Hell, I've been dreaming that dream for the past seven years or so.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Nestor wrote:
x_rex30 wrote:
Please. The the execution and withdrawl of Linkin Park as a permissible audio format from the AMV community is a dream the likes of which I dream upon every night. Hell, I've been dreaming that dream for the past seven years or so.
Is nobody worried about throwing out the baby with the bath here?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:24 pm

What? :?

valeyard
Org Profile

Post by valeyard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:36 pm

I'm with you on that one :wink:
valeyard
See my latest vid!
"Might of Rage"
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=26553

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:43 pm

I have not read the entire thread so perhaps this is redundant, but I seriously hope another "fan" on this site isn't responsible for the "press" we got on AnimeNewsNetwork:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=7837

I don't imagine we need any more "press" and this certainly isn't helping to quell the thing. Probably more like lighting more fires and advertising to other music folks to come over here and shut us down -_-

Again I don't know if someone on this site is the one who felt like posting this, but not exactly the brightest idea.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:52 pm

dwchang wrote:I have not read the entire thread so perhaps this is redundant, but I seriously hope another "fan" on this site isn't responsible for the "press" we got on AnimeNewsNetwork:
Some of the ANN people do visit the Org once in a while.

Return to “Site Announcements”