Evanescence, Seether and Creed videos no longer available

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:52 am

They're basically attacking fans. Does it have something to do with misrepresenting them in any way? It's a fact that the only thing the org has done is help them make money. That's a fact.. I don't generalize that much and make fun of people who are quick to jump to conclusions on things but it's an absolute FACT that they've made money from our form of advertisement. PERIOD!! This is another one of those things that make me want to become a rebel. No one downloads AMVs just to get their songs..

They have some of their stuff being used at newgrounds and a lot of other places.. If they started attacking some other popular fanmade video sites.. I bet this may hit the news on G4techTV.

Iamshadowkiller
Org Profile

Post by Iamshadowkiller » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:01 am

ouch

I agree with everything Devo said

ouch though :x

/end
Oh how convenient. A theory about God that doesn't require looking through a telescope.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:06 am

Beowulf wrote:While this is a step in a dangerous direction, no one is talking about the REAL issue of this thread:

Evenescence, Creed, and Seether were banned! HORRAY! Down with shitty music! You'll never have to watch an AMV with either of them again!
lol. That's a good way of looking at it. :lol:

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:50 am

Wait wait wait, in the end.. This means that any creator that will work on a video featuring those bands will have to NOT put it on the org?
ImageImage

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:57 am

x_rex30 wrote: No one downloads AMVs just to get their songs..
I would think so too. But these are only a small sample. :(

But looking at it another way, these are only a small sample of the users here as well. I personally bought Seether's album "Disclaimer II" a while back JUST for the song "Broken" featuring Amy Lee of Evanescence because I had a great AMV idea to it (which I later dropped...besides, it wouldn't have been uploadable anyway due to various reasons). In fact, nowdays I buy most of my music because I have AMV ideas for the songs. And I'd like to think that people watch my videos, realize how great the music is, and go buy the CDs too, not just callously rip the audio out for their iPods. :x
Life's short.
eBayhard.

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:00 am

Turns out I should have read some of those threads, some of them end with the person actually *gasp* buying the CD. :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:03 am

I know there's people who do download amvs to get the songs.. but they're just going to steal them anyway one way or another. But there is such a huge amount of people who buy music/anime because of AMVs. I could gather up a huge example of this but I'm too lazy to do so right now.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:07 am

are we allowed to link to externally hosted copies of these videos through html tags in the video information page?

and thank you phade for dealing with the issue in the best way possible.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:14 am

downwithpants wrote:are we allowed to link to externally hosted copies of these videos through html tags in the video information page?

and thank you phade for dealing with the issue in the best way possible.
Yes, Thanks Phade, it must have been quite though. :) But here it is, I was writing offline a post making this exactly question...
Could we possibly do this? Link to external Links trough the comments? Like Downwithpants said? (If I understood well, we can't put even direct links on the page of a-m-v.org. :o)
ImageImage

[Mike of the Desert]
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:16 am

Sorry for the double post. ;(
Grammatical error. :\

"it must have been though." =)
ImageImage

Return to “Site Announcements”