Evanescence, Seether and Creed videos no longer available

Another Shauna Video
Org Profile

Post by Another Shauna Video » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:49 pm

I find it amusing that I finished a new AMV to a Creed song when I noticed this. ^^;; Heh... good thing I make my AMVs mostly for my self anyway.

It's too bad this happened, but I'm really glad the whole sight didn't end up getting trashed. Then I would go sit in a corner and cry my little eyes out.

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:01 pm

This is all together a real drag. i didn't read through all the points so if I repeat you, sorry.

You know I believ is the band see's it fit then the label should keep their big mouths out of the matter.

Another problem is the fact they are only attacking a small user base on the use of songs. Really they could crack down on more large communities that freely distribute the song. Oh well, you win some you lose some. i"ll do some research on the label and see what I can dig up.

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:02 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this (if they did I'm sorry for pointing it out again). But the download page now lists in its grand CAP and bold greatness...

THIS VIDEO IS PURELY FAN-MADE AND IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE MUSICAL ARTIST OR ANIME COMPANY IN ANY WAY.

I'm assuming that is there now in light of what has happened.
Insert clever text/image here.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:06 pm

I'm relieved that this finally happened. I don't like waiting for the inevitable, and even if it's just 3 artists, at least it's a step toward what we've been expecting. I'm relieved because it's a ban on certain artists (like fanfiction.net bans certain authors, by the author's request). If that continues, there will still be artists out there to use no matter how long the 'banned artists' list gets.

If we just have to avoid certain artists, the longterm result would be more vids made to non-US-license bearing anime music. Even if US anime companies targetted us, we'd still have the unlicensed anime they have no say over. And with bittorrents it's *much* easier for fans to find semi-large files like amvs without them being hosted for direct download. Companies might get the newer file sharing programs, lock down irc, things like that, but controlling torrents...I don't see that ever being easy, no matter how determined 'they' might get.

I'm not worried about amvs, or the site. Most people already contact the creator when they don't have a local/direct/indirect link available to get the video. So long as the vids are listed with the creator, the site still serves as a source to find amvs. Getting them will just be a little harder is all.

That said, I don't find the loss of a few hosted vids that bothersome. I'll probably remove the indirect links from my website, too, since the artists (or the companies they sold themselves to) don't want fanwork being done to their music. I've had no problem boycotting some of my favorite authors when they had the nerve to ban fanfiction of their stories, so doing the same thing for musical artists is only natural to me. All it means is that I turn my interest elsewhere - the US is good for always having more authors and artists you can go to when a few become distasteful.

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm

I had noticed that. I'm guessing they probably struck a deal with the company. But I don't see what the problem was int he first place.

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:27 pm

Beowulf wrote:While this is a step in a dangerous direction, no one is talking about the REAL issue of this thread:

Evenescence, Creed, and Seether were banned! HORRAY! Down with shitty music! You'll never have to watch an AMV with either of them again!
I'm with him.

I'll be more worried when Century Media looks in our direction. :lol:

Inuyasha the 3rd
Org Profile

Post by Inuyasha the 3rd » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:32 pm

Well, this sorta sucks, but at the same time, at least this ends the stream of Linkin ball naruto Z videos, and evanescence videos. But still this really sucks, there were a few good linkin park and Evanescence AMV's. If more of this leagal BS keeps happening, I feel I'll quit making AMV's.. . :(

Looks like I can forget about remaking my evanescence video, or I'll just remake it for the DVD I am releasing soon, but who knows?

Just when my day could not get any more worse. -_-

Zahmira
Org Profile

Post by Zahmira » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:38 pm

There is no reason why we have to stop making videos using these artists.

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:39 pm

we just can't place them on this site for download.

Inuyasha the 3rd
Org Profile

Post by Inuyasha the 3rd » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:46 pm

True, but I just hope this doesnt lead to more record companies getting on our butts and crap like that. :?

Return to “Site Announcements”