Evanescence, Seether and Creed videos no longer available

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:06 am

Instead of calling for silly impromptu boycotts, here's a better idea:

Why don't you guys try to do some research on this label? I would think it's best to see what exactly it is that they own, what they don't, on what grounds they may have sought a decision on these 3 specific artists, and who their daddy is.

Let's face it: we're in no better position than Phade to be 'arguing with the Man'. It's best to try and learn something, anything, from it while we can. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:07 am

Hey Pwolf,

I did ask about possible licensing. It comes down to being a nightmare to track and prohibitively expensive for a no-budget site like the Org.

Phade.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:08 am

What's the worst they can say is no you can't have them up? I mean it probably wouldn't hurt to ask them what it would take to keep the videos up and if it sounds reasonable if they propose it great. If it sounds unreasonable than don't do it we'll leave them down.

Were all just concern right now and are trying to think of ways to negotiate.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:10 am

Phade wrote:Hey Pwolf,

I did ask about possible licensing. It comes down to being a nightmare to track and prohibitively expensive for a no-budget site like the Org.

Phade.
aye, thats what i thought. i think this was probably the best possible outcome. all that was lost were some links... if it were my videos, i wouldn't care. i'd just be glad thats all that happened :P

Pwolf

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:10 am

Never mind the last post then. Sorry Phade. Man this topic is growing and fast.

Touya_girl
Org Profile

Post by Touya_girl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:11 am

I am also very disappointed. The music industry really needs to keep their noses out of our business. We are not doing anything illegal by my knowledge. We do not profit from these videos. If you look at it, it's free publicity for the artist and the animes. They need to get their heads out of their asses.
<p>My japanese name is <b>藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 美弥子 Miyako (beautiful march child)</b>.
<a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/">Take your real japanese name generator! today!</a>
<small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/">Name Generator Generator</a>.</small></p>

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:11 am

genestarwind21122 wrote:What's the worst they can say is no you can't have them up? I mean it probably wouldn't hurt to ask them what it would take to keep the videos up and if it sounds reasonable if they propose it great. If it sounds unreasonable than don't do it we'll leave them down.

Again, as Phade said, I think the only way to keep them on would be through licensing - which is indeed a nightmare in its' own right. The altruist in all of us might resist, but it's easy to see how it's simply impossible for the community as it is to either be able to afford or manage a license like that.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:13 am

genestarwind21122 wrote:What's the worst they can say is no you can't have them up? I mean it probably wouldn't hurt to ask them what it would take to keep the videos up and if it sounds reasonable if they propose it great. If it sounds unreasonable than don't do it we'll leave them down.

I think perhaps we don't know if they'd be pissed off at the shear audacitity of requesting negotioations and take legal action because of it. Crazier things have happened.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:14 am

Hey,

genestarwind21122: I think we should leave it as is for the time being. If the opportunity arises, we can talk with them more directly later on. For now, I must sleep (or pretend to, at least).

Touya_girl: It's not about if what we do is cool or not or is good publicity. It's all about license. If they don't enforce their copyright, they don't get to keep it. It is unfortunate, but that's how it is. :-(

Phade.

Metro
Org Profile

Post by Metro » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:15 am

that is too bad especially given stuff like this
Dave Peterson wrote:Something else that you might want to know. I was contacted by Amy Lee, the lead singer of Evanescence(the band that sang the song), and she told me that she loves the video. ^.^|/ Always nice to have the approval of the band! It helps that AMy is a huge anime fan.
Video Quote is from

Return to “Site Announcements”