Earn $100 and so will the Org

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Earn $100 and so will the Org

Post by Phade » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:35 pm

Hey All,

Google has recently created a new "referrals" program with two options to help you help us. The first is the "new AdSense account" referral. When you use this site as a referral for opening a new AdSense account, this site will earn a $100 bonus as soon as you earn $100. It's kinda cool that you get money AND we get money out of the deal. All you need to do is click this link and sign up:

<script type="text/javascript">google_ad_client = "pub-7448056566971172";google_ad_width = 468;google_ad_height = 60;google_ad_format = "468x60_as_rimg";google_cpa_choice = "CAAQ58WdzgEaCFLK1ovSD_DNKNvD93M";</script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

The other new item Google has is really simple and easy. All you have to do is install the free Firefox web browser and the Org will get up to $1 for each install. You don't have to do anything else and it helps out the site. Imagine if all of the site members did this. We would be able to run the site for years AND host a major anime convention at the same time. :-D All you have to do is click this link and install:

<script type="text/javascript">google_ad_client = "pub-7448056566971172";google_ad_width = 468;google_ad_height = 60;google_ad_format = "468x60_as_rimg";google_cpa_choice = "CAAQ8aaVzgEaCPJg3qtkyXM9KOm293M";</script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

I hope this helps. Thanks again and have fun!!

Phade.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:56 pm

How would this version of google effect those of us who already use firefox? Is it extra intrusive, and can it be customized just the same, and can the extra google stuff be removed?

Speaking of the extra google stuff... what features exactly DOES it include? I only remember the google toolbar from a couple years ago... it had a search bar and popup blocking... since firefox already has those, I'm not sure what else they might be offering in it.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:04 pm

Hey,

It appears to be a regular version of Firefox with the Google bar bundled with it. There should be more info on the link page.

Phade.

risk one
Org Profile

Post by risk one » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:17 pm

Zarxrax wrote:How would this version of google effect those of us who already use firefox? Is it extra intrusive, and can it be customized just the same, and can the extra google stuff be removed?

Speaking of the extra google stuff... what features exactly DOES it include? I only remember the google toolbar from a couple years ago... it had a search bar and popup blocking... since firefox already has those, I'm not sure what else they might be offering in it.
If you already have FireFox, you can simply install the toolbar (you need to allow firefox to install, the way you can allow popups from certain sites).

It has some features beyond pop up blocking and the search box, like a spell checker for forms, Autolink, which turns adresses in to links if you want it to (something like that), highlighting of you search terms and buttons for your last few searches. For some of these features you have tho let google collect data on your surfing habits. It takes up a little extra space, so it's a trade-off, but you can uninstall it quite simply through Tools>Extensions.

I'd say it's at least worth a try (and that's what Google is paying for. No one's forcing you to keep it).
ImageImage

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:35 pm

Hey,

Yeah, it does appear that if you already have Firefox installed, it just asks you to install the toolbar. You can install it, use it for a day, and then uninstall if you don't like it. Either way, you'll be helping out the site just by trying it.

I hope this helps.

Phade.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:44 pm

Hey,

Sorry to double post, but if you have a web site or sig space on a site other than the Org and would like to help the site out by posting a small referral image link, you can use this code to promote Firefox w/Google Toolbar:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-7448056566971172";
google_ad_width = 110;
google_ad_height = 32;
google_ad_format = "110x32_as_rimg";
google_cpa_choice = "CAAQ_-KZzgEaCHfyBUS9wT0_KOP143Q";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>
Or use this for the AdSense spot:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-7448056566971172";
google_ad_width = 110;
google_ad_height = 32;
google_ad_format = "110x32_as_rimg";
google_cpa_choice = "CAAQ0ZGazgEaCNfGe9Y_ARDqKPmNxXQ";
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>
These will show the small 110x32 pixel image. The more promotions on other sites in addition to this one, the better it is for the Org and the more we can do.

I hope this helps. Thanks again and have fun!!

Phade.

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:24 am

So if I pop one of them codes into my sig in another, unrelated forum and someone clicks on them the site will get cash? Or do people have to download before anything happens?

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:55 am

Hey Bum,

The site gets the $1 for each install, $0 per click.

Phade.

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:17 am

So whats the code if I want to put that in my sig here at the org like yours
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:39 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:So whats the code if I want to put that in my sig here at the org like yours
I went through and tracked down what you might be able to put in BBCode to get the button, but unfortunately, parts of the url change on different requests. The way Phade did it was by manually editing the database, since phpBB doesn't allow <script> tags, which are part of his sig. Too bad there isn't a way to get a phpBB-friendly version of the button.

Return to “Site Announcements”