Envelope Art Contest

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:01 pm

Hey,

I'll announce the October winners on the forum after the first week full week of November (I want to give the mail enough time to deliver the possible entries that are sent at the end of the month to get here). By then, I should have an entry/winner display piece ready to go so that you guys can see them.

Phade.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:13 pm

Hey,
derobert wrote:Does it actually have to be an envelope, or can it (like the Wired Return to Sender Contest) be anything the USPS will accept?
Currently, it must be an envelope.

Phade.

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:56 am

well this is a welcome change....i might just do this. one guestion...does a person have to be a member cause i know of a friend who cant join cause her net sucks but when i tell her about this (since she does this anyways) she will want to send in an entry. could i just put it in my name and enter it?

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:40 pm

Hey celibi87,

You do bring up a point. The rules do not state that you must be a member of the site to enter the contest. For now, your friend is welcome to enter and even donate to the site (though without a site account, I won't be able to credit her for the donation directly). If this becomes a problem in the future, the rules may change.

I hope this helps.

Phade.

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:08 pm

Phade wrote:Hey celibi87,

You do bring up a point. The rules do not state that you must be a member of the site to enter the contest. For now, your friend is welcome to enter and even donate to the site (though without a site account, I won't be able to credit her for the donation directly). If this becomes a problem in the future, the rules may change.

I hope this helps.

Phade.
domo arigato phade

windyroller
Org Profile

Post by windyroller » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:39 pm

Hey, Phade, I have another question.
Out of habit, I put my return address on the left hand corner of the envelope. If envelopes with return addresses are sent as such and are posted, would it be possible for you to cover the address with something? (Like if that part of the envelope was left white by design or something) Or do we need to cover it before I send it in? I don't really fancy trying to redraw the picture.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:04 pm

Hey windyroller,

Yes, I had planned to obscure any sensitive informaiton such as the return address. :-)

Phade.

ryo0oki
Org Profile

Post by ryo0oki » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:25 pm

Can the winner choose which anime DVD they receive? xP

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:23 pm

Hey ryo0oki,

That is yet to be determined.

Phade.

Ryoko_Yuy
Org Profile

Post by Ryoko_Yuy » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:44 am

Phade wrote:Hey,

I'll announce the October winners on the forum after the first week full week of November (I want to give the mail enough time to deliver the possible entries that are sent at the end of the month to get here). By then, I should have an entry/winner display piece ready to go so that you guys can see them.

Phade.
Perhaps it would be an idea to also mention the art contest in the newsletter, so that even more people will notice. I say this because, honestly, I don't take much time on the forums here, but if it's on the front page or comes in the newsletter, I'll take a minute to check it out. Something tells me that there are a lot of other members who do just the same thing. ^_^
~Ryoko Yuy
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
-(from Tool CD insert of the album AEnema)-

Return to “Site Announcements”