Envelope Art Contest

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:50 pm

Hey,
Tono_Fyr wrote:Well, I looked over the rules, but I have a question still. Does the artwork HAVE to be anime, or can it be non-anime, as well?
Oooooo, that is a good question. I had assumed that the artwork would be anime-related, but you do bring up a good point that it is not actually explicitly stated in the rules. For this month, I will keep the loophole open, so the artwork can be anything. If this becomes a problem, a rule may be added in future months so that there are separate categories of the contest or only anime-related artwork is eligible for prizes or something like that.

Thanks again and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

Frozen_Silver_Chaos
Org Profile

Post by Frozen_Silver_Chaos » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:55 pm

I'm a little bit confused so all you have to do is put your artwork on the outside of the envolope not the inside,and send it?

You can also include a donation on the inside right?

I know I may sound like I have a bundle of questions right now I'm just kinda confused.

And if you do send in some artwork,can you create your own anime charecter,or do you have to base it on a specific anime?and do you have to color it?

*stupid question*-_-'

Frozen_Silver_Chaos..
The Dark Reflection
The Darkness Takes Over My Cold Black Heart. All That's Left Is An Empty Shell Of Broken Memories.

Sasuke Uchiha,A Forgotten Memory

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:09 pm

Hey,

Yup, you got it right. Just to recap, here's the general process for creating an entry:

1. Get a regular standard letter-sized (or smaller) envelope.
2. Put some artwork on the outside of the envelope (draw, paint, crayon, etc). For this month, the artwork subject can be anything you want.
3. Put a donation in the envelope with your site username. (optional step, but greatly encouraged)
4. Mail the envelope without putting the envelope in anouther envelope.

I hope that helps.

Phade.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:10 pm

Won't artwork on the outside of an envelope run the risk of being damaged if not completely ruined while traveling through the postal system?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Frozen_Silver_Chaos
Org Profile

Post by Frozen_Silver_Chaos » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:11 pm

Yeah that really helps

Thanks Phade that really clears things up for me,now I'm not so nervous.I'll see If I can enter this art contest thing,and who knows I might even make a donation.
The Darkness Takes Over My Cold Black Heart. All That's Left Is An Empty Shell Of Broken Memories.

Sasuke Uchiha,A Forgotten Memory

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:18 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Won't artwork on the outside of an envelope run the risk of being damaged if not completely ruined while traveling through the postal system?
Yes, I'm worried that my glitter and macaroni may fall off.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:20 pm

Best way to deal with that problem is to mail that envelope in a bigger plain envelope. And not to use macaroni and glitter. :P
Life's short.
eBayhard.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:44 pm

badmartialarts wrote:Best way to deal with that problem is to mail that envelope in a bigger plain envelope.
Which just so happens to be against the rules... Therein lies the problem...
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:52 pm

badmartialarts wrote:Best way to deal with that problem is to mail that envelope in a bigger plain envelope. And not to use macaroni and glitter. :P
Don't censor my art! :x
Where does it say what media we are restricted to? :?

Of course, I mean this in jest, but you know how some people are. If it's not specified, they may be dumb enough to try it.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:46 am

Anyone remember when Nintendo Power did this? At least I think it was Nintendo Power... ah, nostalgia.

...yes, I'm serious about the nostalgia and in no way am trying to be snarky about 'OMG THIS IDEA HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE'. I think it's a welcome change of pace from the done-to-death banner contest, and it should be interesting to see what people come up with.

Return to “Site Announcements”