More Bandwidth and Revenue Needed

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:15 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
celibi87 wrote: going a little harsh on em arent yah?
He represents the reason the mods have to do so much damned work around here. It's okay to get pissed every once and a while about this. People that show no effort in attempting to understand what's going on and act like they have the answer to all our problems are definately not what we need. People who don't bother to read anything before jumping in with questions or "advice" are not what we need. People who make informed and worthwile ideas and statements ARE what we need.
got a point there.

Silenkiller
Org Profile

Post by Silenkiller » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:49 pm

Well then, best of luck trying to find an impossible solution. Laff.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:27 pm

Silenkiller wrote:Well then, best of luck trying to find an impossible solution. Laff.
There's no evidence to suggest that what we're trying to do is impossible.

You don't handle rejection well, it seems.

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:39 pm

trythil wrote:
Silenkiller wrote:Well then, best of luck trying to find an impossible solution. Laff.

most ppl cant

Silenkiller
Org Profile

Post by Silenkiller » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:18 pm

trythil wrote:

Oh yes.. I'm so heartbroken because I've been rejected on AMV's forums. =( Cant you just see the tears? Oye, get a life. Whats sad is, its going to come down to a donation bandwidth cap, or limited bandwidth period, and your going to go - wow - damn I'm a moron.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:21 pm

The creator said no, so the answer is no. Phade has said since the beginning no popups, and look: No popups. How many years has this site been up?

Put a little more faith into the site you're dedicating your free time to. Maybe then you'll be the one seeing you faults and going "Wow, I'm a moron."

Because you're the only one here that looks like a moron to the rest of us.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Silenkiller
Org Profile

Post by Silenkiller » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:41 pm

SQ wrote:The creator said no, so the answer is no. Phade has said since the beginning no popups, and look: No popups. How many years has this site been up?

Put a little more faith into the site you're dedicating your free time to. Maybe then you'll be the one seeing you faults and going "Wow, I'm a moron."

Because you're the only one here that looks like a moron to the rest of us.
I do have faith in the site, and I commend phade in being able to manage that. But as time progresses, and BW usage increased, unless he has a tree in his backyard that produces money, the shits going to hit the fan.

And if I look like a moron because I'm saying what will eventually happen, then what does that make everyone else?

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:30 pm

Hey,
Silenkiller wrote:I do have faith in the site, and I commend phade in being able to manage that. But as time progresses, and BW usage increased, unless he has a tree in his backyard that produces money, the shits going to hit the fan.
If you bothered to read the entire thread (or at minimum the posts that I have made), you would see exactly what we need. We don't need a tree; we need a twig. If each person who visited the site bothered to give us $5, it would take less than 36 hours to fund the site for an entire year based on our current site usage. This is the scale of the relatively ridiculously small amount of effort it takes to keep this site going and growing.

Since this thread is essentially completed until site updates are made, I'm going to lock this thread until further announcements are given.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. The feedback has been very helpful!!

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”