2005 VCA Results

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Arigatomina » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:28 pm

ScorpionsUltd wrote:Does every winner must send their shipping info, or 'The Video Of The Year' winner only? (As we presume, it'll be the winner of the year only, no?)

I think every winner gets a prize, or one prize for each winning category. So send in your info if you haven't. ^.^
Arigatomina

Postby OmniStrata » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:07 pm

Congrats on the wins! :cry:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby Corran » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 pm

Last year there was a special vca page that we were linked to in an email which allowed us to enter our shipping information and choose which prizes we wanted. I imagine it would be the same this year unless you recieve an email stating otherwise.
Corran

Postby dwchang » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:25 pm

Corran wrote:Last year there was a special vca page that we were linked to in an email which allowed us to enter our shipping information and choose which prizes we wanted. I imagine it would be the same this year unless you recieve an email stating otherwise.

Ya. My guess is they have some uber-sekrit website with a rotating queue like we did last year :P

As for addresses, I only see two physical prizes, but if it's like last year, I imagine Phade printed out an award certificate for each and every award like he did last year. He even signed it!!111!! :O Also the creator awards also get a nifty little statue/plaque.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site

Postby Castor Troy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:27 pm

I sent in my info already.... 8-)

Wait a minute....
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby dwchang » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:31 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I sent in my info already.... 8-)

Wait a minute....

Dragonball Z.
Creed's Sacrifice.
Video of the Millenium.
'nuff said.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site

congrats & condolences

Postby Alternababe » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:25 am

I just want to say congrats to all the winners, esp. anamorphic for delerium (amazing), scintilla for eva bebop (loved it), the halloween one, and of course the animix (I WILL review the whole thing...eventually).

Also, so sorry to greenjinjo. The little tortilla boy was hilarious & I am sorry it didn't win.

A special woop to everyone who was nominated. I think it shows your mad skills that you made videos that people could relate to.
-the Alternababe does not like sigs-
Alternababe

Postby Scintilla » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:58 am

Corran wrote:Last year there was a special vca page that we were linked to in an email which allowed us to enter our shipping information and choose which prizes we wanted. I imagine it would be the same this year unless you recieve an email stating otherwise.

I never received any e-mails of <i>any</i> kind about this...

I actually forgot all about the shipping until Darci mentioned it and I hurried to whip off an e-mail to the admin account with my info.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby chambeyc » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:46 am

Congrats to all the winners,... and to all the finalists too !! :D
In fact, they were so many great vids, it was hard to choose one per category :( ...

It is just an idea but i'd like to suggest it : for the next VCA, can it be possible to make the members vote for their first, second and third preferred vids for each category? (Then for the final count, you give 3 points for the vids nominated as the first preferred, 2 points for the 2nd, and 1 for the third...). It would allow members to vote for more than a single vid when they think of 2 or 3 vids which deserve a price...

Well, I guess anyway that would not change the fact that there is only one winner in competitions... :roll:
chambeyc

Postby derobert » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:55 am

chambeyc wrote:(Then for the final count, you give 3 points for the vids nominated as the first preferred, 2 points for the 2nd, and 1 for the third...)
Allowing people to do a full ranking (why limit to 1, 2, and 3?) is a good idea, but that's not the right way to count the votes...
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert
derobert
Phantom of the .Org

Postby Bakadeshi » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:05 am

Hehe congrats to all the winners, pretty much who I thought would win won in most categories, though I don't agree with a few of them, but thats just my opinion ;p

As for Evabeepop, I agree that maybe it wasn't best choice for instrumental, but it IS an instrumental, so it DOES fit the cateogry. I just think that there were a few other vids that I owuldve liked to see get an award for this category instead. (I voted for Wasteland, since I think that video deserves an award somewhere) I'm glad Eva Beepop won best Parody of which I voted it on though :)
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby Brakus » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:46 am

"A rainy day. A broken engagement. Shounen Bushido."

THINGS THAT DISCOURAGE ME.

(Yes! You win $10,000!)

Am I not surprised that the fact that "Shounen Bushido" winning AMV of the Year for the 2005 VCAs discourages me as an AMV editor that generally dislikes using all kinds of special effects in my video?

*sigh*

I could sure use $10,000 right now to make me get over my discouragement..... that, or some ice cream.

[p.s. I'm sorry I didn't see the forum thread for this before.]
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff, AWA AMV VAT staff
"Defying the future one step at a time"
Brakus

Postby Scintilla » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:06 am

*looks at the Video of the Year finalists*

You would have preferred AEO:EB, AMV Hell, Toushi, or Whisper of the Beast? :?

I still hold that, if you make a good video and give it some publicity, people WILL take notice, even if it's not effectsy.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby RolltheStampede » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:27 pm

Are all the winners suppose to recieve something in the mail or just the big winners like video of the year
RolltheStampede

Postby Pwolf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:57 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:Are all the winners suppose to recieve something in the mail or just the big winners like video of the year

last year there were enough prizes to go around several time... we all got at least two or three items ranging from expensive to cheap... this year looked like there weren't a whole lot of prizes so i don't know whats gona happen.

Pwolf
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements