2005 VCA Results

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Jnzk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:13 am

Wow. I'm quite surprised I managed to win a category. Thank you to all who nominated and voted for Insomnia!

Congratulations to all other winners too. My favourites won only in four categories, but all who made it to the winning round were quality videos. I'd also like to thank Phade, AD and the rest of AnimeMusicVideos.Org staff for organising the contest. :)
User avatar
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
 
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Location: Finland

Postby Darci-San » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:56 am

OMFG THANK YOU SO MUCH

SDLFKJSDLFKJSDLKFJ


There were so many amazing video's this year.. >_<!!!! the fact that i won 2 categories is SUCH and HONOR!!!!!!!!

blown away... XD

thank-you very very much everyone! thank-you thank-you thank-you!
User avatar
Darci-San
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2003
Location: Nova Scotia.. Do you know where that is?

Postby Coffee 54 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:44 am

Lots of pleasant surprizes in these final results and only a couple of minor disappointments, congrads to all the winners none the less.
User avatar
Coffee 54
 
Joined: 11 May 2004

Postby Inertia » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:46 am

Ookay, that was.. unexpected.

I was pretty certain Narutrix was on the bottom of the pile -- it'd already lost to Little Tortilla Boy once ;) and Sasuke Must Die or Lord of the Yen looked pretty sure to stomp on all in their path.. o.O

Thanks to all who voted for my little project \o/ certainly made my day. Guess I should really get back to the big project..


Good to see Tsumibito no kashou in there, as well as AMV hell as most original, and SB was pretty much a given for vid of the year anyway..

Greed vs Envy was a bit odd though. While I love the video it's not really much of an AMV, lacking so much as a single frame of anime as it does ;)

Still, good work all round, and congrats to all who made it in!

- Nert
User avatar
Inertia
 
Joined: 09 Oct 2002
Location: Canterbury, UK

Congratz

Postby MajinKenshinAMV » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:50 am

I just wanted to say congratulations to all of the winners, but also to those who didn't take home any awards at all. I think there were a lot of great vids and it might be totally different results if we did it over. Who knows, right? Personally I didn't even think my vid should be in the running for more than "best action" and I certainly didn't hope to win it, but thanks anyways. Omedetou again to all, and I hope to see some great vids from all the artists in the future.
Zero Tolerance Films
MajinKenshinAMV
 
Joined: 16 Aug 2003

Postby Brsrk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:58 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:
Brsrk wrote:On the better side, I'm glad to see that some videos actually won the category(ies) that they were meant for. Eva Bebop, AMV Hell and Shounen Bushido just to name a few.

I don't want to start a big debate or anything, and I sure as hell don't mean to insult Scintilla, but I don't think Eva Bebop really should have won Best Instrumental. This is just my opinion. But I think there were at least two other videos that better suited the category, and fit far better as an instrumental video.

It seems, and this is unavoidable, that people voted Eva Bebop for their favorite video that happened to have no vocals. I'm sure we all have different opinions on how instrumental videos are best portrayed, so I'll end here. Scintilla, congratulations, and I mean you no disrespect. :P

That's what I mean though. Some of the videos that were in multiple categories shouldn't have won them because there were obviously videos more suited for the category. And I didn't even realise Eva Bebop was an insturmental... This may or may not be a suggestion for next year, but possibly comb through the videos to make sure they're in the CORRECT category? There was a bunch of misplacement this year, from what I saw, and that lead to some pretty good videos not making it into the finals.

flint_the_dwarf wrote:To be fair, I thought either you or Arigatomina should have won Most Helpful, and I've said that from the start. I simply haven't heard much from Vic, so that was a surprise.

That's also the other reason I was highly disappointed. He released one guide and 4 videos, 3 of which are downloadable. I did not see how it was even possible for Creator of the Year, but I was suprised at Most Helpful. I'd have seen someone else winning that, but since he did put out a really helpful guide, I can see him taking that spot.

Here's what I mean by videos that shouldn't be in a category that they shouldn't. The prime example is Shounen Bushido (not to pick on it or anything, but congrats to you istiv for your 3 awards). It was up for Best Character Profile, I didn't see how it was since there were a ton of other characters singing along also instead of just following one or two people. There wasn't a ton of action in the video, IMHO, and there was something else, but I can't remember what it was. It was definately a sure-win for Best Lip-sync because pretty much everything was done very, very well.

I don't know how many people voted on videos base on whether or not they saw them, but I think it would be better if everyone who voted had the time to download the videos and give everyone a fair shot. I wasn't able to vote in some categories because I hadn't seen any of the videos, and some of the creators I had never even seen a video to. I admit to that, but I saw pretty much every finalist video, and I have to admit again, it was hard to chose between.

Either way, there were some disapointments, some suprises and some not supirses for the winners. Again, congrats to the winners and good luck in the future
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528
User avatar
Brsrk
 
Joined: 15 Dec 2002
Location: Brooklyn, MI

Postby Esc » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:55 am

Inertia wrote:Greed vs Envy was a bit odd though. While I love the video it's not really much of an AMV, lacking so much as a single frame of anime as it does ;)

I have the same question. How come vids on Wonderful Days get disqualified as being non-anime while a cartoon hand-drawn by a Canadian guy gets the prizes? I mean, it's very nice and sweet and all, but where is the justice?

Also, I want to say, I'm very happy for all those who had my voice and won: ScorpionsUltd, Tyler_yj, Janzki, Scintilla, Zarxrax, istiv.

The major disappointment of the year was Best Horror/Terror Video. Maybe it's about time to rename the nomination to "Best Parody on Horror/Terror Video".
User avatar
Esc
 
Joined: 23 Apr 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX

Postby Darci-San » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:10 pm

Esc wrote:
Inertia wrote:Greed vs Envy was a bit odd though. While I love the video it's not really much of an AMV, lacking so much as a single frame of anime as it does ;)

I have the same question. How come vids on Wonderful Days get disqualified as being non-anime while a cartoon hand-drawn by a Canadian guy gets the prizes? I mean, it's very nice and sweet and all, but where is the justice?



I'm so hated for being different....

Quoteing AMV faq's
"we are lenient with anime-inspired original animated or drawn creations that the members have made."

Also.... I am FEMALE... it's anime style.. and of an anime... so.. really i'm not breaking any rules... and there is music involved...

*runs off to cry*
User avatar
Darci-San
 
Joined: 29 Mar 2003
Location: Nova Scotia.. Do you know where that is?

Postby Tsunami Jones » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:16 pm

Darci-San wrote:*runs off to cry*


Just ignore them, and do your own thing :wink:

Anyway, big congrats to all won. I was certainly surprised by a few of the categories. And now, I should probably get around to changing my sig . . .
User avatar
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:17 pm

Brsrk wrote:The prime example is Shounen Bushido (not to pick on it or anything, but congrats to you istiv for your 3 awards). It was up for Best Character Profile, I didn't see how it was since there were a ton of other characters singing along also instead of just following one or two people.


It was there because the creator ticked the box and because hundreds of people agreed by voting for it. While you may not agree, this is the Viewers Choice. The public have spoken.

We did remove some entries from the running but with something like Character Profile it is a matter of interpretation and opinion and when it comes to a matter of opinion we leave whatever the creator put on the video entry. Anything else would have been the AD&Phade choice awards.

P.S. Just to remind everyone I'd like people to be respectful toward the creators - it is not their fault that they have won certain things, it is the members who did the voting. This is not directed at an individual but instead just a reminder to not make someone feel bad for winning. They didn't ask to win but they did deserve to because they got the most votes, whether you agree or not.
User avatar
AbsoluteDestiny
 
Joined: 15 Aug 2001
Location: Oxford, UK

Postby echo104b » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:23 pm

Congrats to the Winners! You have inspired me to Redouble my efforts in AMV making. I'll make the Best darn vid i can next!
User avatar
echo104b
 
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: Salisbury MD

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:27 pm

Esc wrote:The major disappointment of the year was Best Horror/Terror Video. Maybe it's about time to rename the nomination to "Best Parody on Horror/Terror Video".


Or maybe you can stop bitching about the supposed lack of quality and make something better yourself and win the category?
User avatar
AbsoluteDestiny
 
Joined: 15 Aug 2001
Location: Oxford, UK

Postby Scintilla » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:50 pm

flint_the_dwarf wrote:I don't want to start a big debate or anything, and I sure as hell don't mean to insult Scintilla, but I don't think Eva Bebop really should have won Best Instrumental. This is just my opinion. But I think there were at least two other videos that better suited the category, and fit far better as an instrumental video.

It seems, and this is unavoidable, that people voted Eva Bebop for their favorite video that happened to have no vocals. I'm sure we all have different opinions on how instrumental videos are best portrayed, so I'll end here.

I <i>knew</i> someone was going to mention this...

I kind of don't know what to say about this, because the award description states: "<b>The focus of the editing shifts from lyrics-matching to pure musical flow and concept.</b>" Obviously this doesn't happen in AEO:EB, depending on how you use the word "concept".

However, the description also states: "<b>The only requirement for this category is that the video’s music cannot contain any words.</b>" So unless you count the short spoken part at the beginning, the video <i>did</i> technically qualify for the category...

dokool wrote:
flint_the_dwarf wrote:To be fair, I thought either you or Arigatomina should have won Most Helpful, and I've said that from the start. I simply haven't heard much from Vic, so that was a surprise.

I thought he won that by virtue of releasing that guide, although I was wondering if something like that would be enough on its own...

I think what that proves is just how many voting members we have who don't visit the forums (and perhaps do go to cons). :)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Status: Quo

Postby istiv » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:54 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
Brsrk wrote:The prime example is Shounen Bushido (not to pick on it or anything, but congrats to you istiv for your 3 awards). It was up for Best Character Profile, I didn't see how it was since there were a ton of other characters singing along also instead of just following one or two people.


It was there because the creator ticked the box and because hundreds of people agreed by voting for it. While you may not agree, this is the Viewers Choice. The public have spoken.


I even don't remember to have tick this box :? The error may come from me so. I'll be more cautionous on my next entries. Anyway, remember i asked in the VCA forum to not vote for SB in this category because they were video much more suited to win it. And at the end I like the current winner of this category ;).
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
istiv
 
Joined: 24 Mar 2002
Location: GUADELOUPE

Postby WilLoW :--) » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:59 pm

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to the admins for organizing it :D
User avatar
WilLoW :--)
 
Joined: 14 Jun 2001
Location: Matsudo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests