Claps for All :wink:

And ..... Go Animix !!! :D

Coshy
Org Profile

Post by Coshy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:40 pm

In my opinion, you all deserved to win ^-^
When someone thinks differently, he/she
just has to make a video that is so brilliant
that it's going to win next years VCA...
But however..excluding one
category, all my votes won,...
I should be happy ^-^
Do we live to watch Anime or do we watch Anime to live?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:50 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
Esc wrote:The major disappointment of the year was Best Horror/Terror Video. Maybe it's about time to rename the nomination to "Best Parody on Horror/Terror Video".
Or maybe you can stop bitching about the supposed lack of quality and make something better yourself and win the category?
As much as I don't want to start any argument in the wrong direction here, I think you misunderstood what Esc actually meant. This is more of a personal disappointment with the fact that there was a nominee who far better matched the category's criteria, and didn't win.

Again, not to start any arguments here.

But to distance this away from the creators, all of whom surely did a great job, I would like to instead ask the voters: why did you vote the way you did in some of the seemingly more puzzling results? For instance I'm baffled by VicBond's "Most Helpful" win - I really appreciate his recent guide, but I'm surpised since I literally never saw him elsewhere in the community in the last year. I thought for sure that the whole group of members who run around daily helping newbies on the forum with all kinds of technical stuff would be the more logical choice.

Really, I for one would love to know why the videos and creators we are now honoring as the year's best were chosen as the best. I'm not questioning the results in any way.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

keeso
Org Profile

Post by keeso » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:11 pm

YAY, Janzki, you are the first finnish VCA winner :D Your vid rocks.

Congrats to all the winners. :lol:
Lousy editing since 2004 :beer: :lol:
ImageImage

tuathaanwarrior
Org Profile

Post by tuathaanwarrior » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:17 pm

Congrats to all who won.

As for the other nominees, every video that got nominated that i watched deserves recognition so great job and congrats.

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:05 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
Brsrk wrote:The prime example is Shounen Bushido (not to pick on it or anything, but congrats to you istiv for your 3 awards). It was up for Best Character Profile, I didn't see how it was since there were a ton of other characters singing along also instead of just following one or two people.
It was there because the creator ticked the box and because hundreds of people agreed by voting for it. While you may not agree, this is the Viewers Choice. The public have spoken.

We did remove some entries from the running but with something like Character Profile it is a matter of interpretation and opinion and when it comes to a matter of opinion we leave whatever the creator put on the video entry. Anything else would have been the AD&Phade choice awards.
I know this is the Viewers Choice Awards, and I know that what the public says is what wins and doesn't, but no one has a more powerful voice than the public.
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:P.S. Just to remind everyone I'd like people to be respectful toward the creators - it is not their fault that they have won certain things, it is the members who did the voting. This is not directed at an individual but instead just a reminder to not make someone feel bad for winning. They didn't ask to win but they did deserve to because they got the most votes, whether you agree or not.
This is definately the truth that was spoken there. I think after this I'll just stop posting in this thread and try to avoid other VCA related threads...

I can't think of anything else to say, so that pretty much does it for me on the 2005 VCAs...
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:11 pm

Just adding onto the thanks here. My GOD, I had ompletely written myself off in the competition over the last week, thinking I couldn't possibly hold up to the other, MEP videos in the Dance Category.

I have never been so happy to be wrong! Thank you!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:14 pm

congrats to all.

Pwolf

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:18 pm

Only one of the videos I voted for in the finals won something (Insomia by Janzki) :(.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:02 pm

Hey All,

UPDATE: All winners now have collaborators listed with them. Sorry for the previous oversight.

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”