2005 VCA Results

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:28 pm

ScorpionsUltd wrote:Does every winner must send their shipping info, or 'The Video Of The Year' winner only? (As we presume, it'll be the winner of the year only, no?)
I think every winner gets a prize, or one prize for each winning category. So send in your info if you haven't. ^.^

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:07 pm

Congrats on the wins! :cry:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 pm

Last year there was a special vca page that we were linked to in an email which allowed us to enter our shipping information and choose which prizes we wanted. I imagine it would be the same this year unless you recieve an email stating otherwise.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:25 pm

Corran wrote:Last year there was a special vca page that we were linked to in an email which allowed us to enter our shipping information and choose which prizes we wanted. I imagine it would be the same this year unless you recieve an email stating otherwise.
Ya. My guess is they have some uber-sekrit website with a rotating queue like we did last year :P

As for addresses, I only see two physical prizes, but if it's like last year, I imagine Phade printed out an award certificate for each and every award like he did last year. He even signed it!!111!! :O Also the creator awards also get a nifty little statue/plaque.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:27 pm

I sent in my info already.... 8-)

Wait a minute....
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:31 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I sent in my info already.... 8-)

Wait a minute....
Dragonball Z.
Creed's Sacrifice.
Video of the Millenium.
'nuff said.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Alternababe
Org Profile

congrats & condolences

Post by Alternababe » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:25 am

I just want to say congrats to all the winners, esp. anamorphic for delerium (amazing), scintilla for eva bebop (loved it), the halloween one, and of course the animix (I WILL review the whole thing...eventually).

Also, so sorry to greenjinjo. The little tortilla boy was hilarious & I am sorry it didn't win.

A special woop to everyone who was nominated. I think it shows your mad skills that you made videos that people could relate to.
-the Alternababe does not like sigs-

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:58 am

Corran wrote:Last year there was a special vca page that we were linked to in an email which allowed us to enter our shipping information and choose which prizes we wanted. I imagine it would be the same this year unless you recieve an email stating otherwise.
I never received any e-mails of <i>any</i> kind about this...

I actually forgot all about the shipping until Darci mentioned it and I hurried to whip off an e-mail to the admin account with my info.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:46 am

Congrats to all the winners,... and to all the finalists too !! :D
In fact, they were so many great vids, it was hard to choose one per category :( ...

It is just an idea but i'd like to suggest it : for the next VCA, can it be possible to make the members vote for their first, second and third preferred vids for each category? (Then for the final count, you give 3 points for the vids nominated as the first preferred, 2 points for the 2nd, and 1 for the third...). It would allow members to vote for more than a single vid when they think of 2 or 3 vids which deserve a price...

Well, I guess anyway that would not change the fact that there is only one winner in competitions... :roll:

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:55 am

chambeyc wrote:(Then for the final count, you give 3 points for the vids nominated as the first preferred, 2 points for the 2nd, and 1 for the third...)
Allowing people to do a full ranking (why limit to 1, 2, and 3?) is a good idea, but that's not the right way to count the votes...
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

Return to “Site Announcements”