Nago is out of disk space; uploads will fail.

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Gemberkoekje » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:25 pm

I think the video has uploaded, however the page searches at the one server while your vid is on the other...
BakaNeko.nl!
Gemberkoekje

Postby derobert » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:28 pm

Yeah, the upload itself works. The confirm upload process is currently being worked on.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert
derobert
Phantom of the .Org

Postby Sporkmaster » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:03 am

Do you know how long until it is done?
When ever in doubt about getting a bad review remember these words; Shut up and make it better.
Xombie!The animated series
Something or other, newest video
Sporkmaster

Postby dokool » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:00 am

Sporkmaster wrote:Do you know how long until it is done?

As someone said in reply to a similar post on another page: The Golden Donut has been up in some form or another for about 2 years. It's been full for about 1 week. Is a bit of patience that much to ask?
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash

Postby gundamzuki » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:20 pm

In all honesty, I was kinda wondering when this would happen for a while now. The number being locally hoasted is inSANE. I remember when there were only a couple locally hoasted. Most of the rest were either indirect, direct, or not hoasted at all.

*kicks self for not donating yet*
"There is the Real World, and it is nice. And then there's math." -Prof. Bevelaqua, U. of N. Dakota, Grand Forks
gundamzuki

Postby Gemberkoekje » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:43 pm

Well... someone gotta host this vids and if you can't do it for free most people don't do it at all... wich is a shame in some cases.
BakaNeko.nl!
Gemberkoekje

Postby Inuyasha the 3rd » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:07 pm

i know im late...O.o;

But...wtf? i thought nago wasnt suposed to get full until i graduate High School, lol. but i hope another server is put up soon...because i dont have money for hosting...i do have hosting...but its that whole bandwidth thing (you know gotta pay for more b/w...which sucks)...but who knows...since i've sorta taken a break from making AMV's (i am currently making one...but need more dvd's..heeh)...this is no big deal to me but...when im done with an AMV i am working on. I hope a new server is up by that time...so yeah.

-AB_the_3rd
Inuyasha the 3rd

Nago is out of disk space; uploads will fail.

Postby Rider4Z » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:03 pm

the only reason it's driving me crazy, is this is the first vid i've uploaded in a long time. i uploaded my only vids a long time ago all at once when i first learned how to do it.
now that i've had time to learn and get better.... ai yai yai

dis is vewy fwustwaiting :cry:
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby PrincessYuna » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:21 pm

Well, hello everyone. I haven't posted on any forums yet, but I'll start here I guess. :-) I thought my computer was messed up at first, until I saw this thread and was happy to know that I dont have some virus LOL
:roll:
"The friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded, never forget them"
PrincessYuna

Postby Rurounikeitaro » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:51 am

Fluxmeister wrote:Instead of the VCA's we should have the video elimination tournament. Each year 1000 videos are sacrificed. :roll:

lol.....hey!! I have some old sucky videos still on the site!! Oh well, funny idea though.
Rurounikeitaro

Postby SQ » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:02 pm

The plan to free up Nago...

A couple of things that would likely clear up at least a gig of space. But I'd expect more.

~ Go through and delete anything tht is not a viable video/audio file(aside from flash videos) such as Windows Movie Maker projects, vobc, etc.
Add a block to anything that is not .swf, .avi, .ogm, .wmv, .rm(and it's variables), .mov(and it's variables). To prevent further false uploading.

~Allow users to request to delete videos.
This will clear up a ton of videos. Several noobs have only uploaded partial vids because they can't use FTP and confirm their uploads, and they would request to delete.
Old members have uploaded craptastic things they don't want on local anymore, so they could delete their stuff.

~Go through and delete all corrupted files.
Clears out improperly uploaded things that somehow got mangled.

~Go through and delete local video sthat haven't been reported, but should've.
Live action, gore, sex, etc.

Should clear up a lot.
Hope this sounds as reasonable as the reasons for the edit button. ~_^
-SQ™
Changes are good. Wait until you've seen mine.
Latest video - Family (Oct 3, 2013)
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby SQ » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:03 pm

Oh, yes.

~ Delete all the videos that were deleted from the list/catalog but are still being stored anyway.
(I don't know why you keep to this rule Phade, it's dumb. Quit saving stuff, you pack rat! XD)
-SQ™
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby godix » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:02 pm

SQ wrote:Add a block to anything that is not .swf, .avi, .ogm, .wmv, .rm(and it's variables), .mov(and it's variables). To prevent further false uploading.

.mpg would qualify as a 'false upload'???
godix
a disturbed member

Postby madbunny » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:28 pm

actually reading about the Seek and destroy mission that deleted 5000 or so videos, I'd say that Phade has a pretty angle on cleaning house.
<imagines little robot doll with machine guns>
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
madbunny

Postby SQ » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:37 pm

godix wrote:
SQ wrote:Add a block to anything that is not .swf, .avi, .ogm, .wmv, .rm(and it's variables), .mov(and it's variables). To prevent further false uploading.

.mpg would qualify as a 'false upload'???

Oops. No. That was a momentary lapse of brain activity.
-SQ™
SQ
Doesn't have a title

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements