Automatic Seek and Destroy

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:18 pm

well, its crappy American made cartoons, so thats just as bad.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:01 pm

Hey RamonesFan2020204,

Why is it that none of your videos are uploaded yet? I'm sure with all the practice you've gone through, your vids should be perdy dang good by now. A friend of mine is a big Speed Racer fan and keeps asking about new Speed vids.

Phade.

EXODO
Org Profile

Post by EXODO » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:13 am

It is good that you got a program that erases all non-anime videos.
The problem is that many members put a random anime for thier non-anime videos so that the program dosnt delete them.

I recently download an AMV that was supposed to have anime fotage but it result in having just non-anime footage.

So eventhou the program is a good idea this problem continues. So if you se a non-anime video we should tell the moderators about it.
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

Gemberkoekje
Org Profile

Post by Gemberkoekje » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:29 am

True so we have to keep looking... Oh and Exodo, try some flea-spray :P
BakaNeko.nl!

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:59 am

Hey,

Yeah, the next step is to implement a "this video has been manually checked" admin feature. Guess which videos will be targeted first for checks: vids with mixed anime and non-anime. If it gets even more out of hand, any video with any amount of non-anime in it would have to be checked by an admin before it can be made available to the public.

Of course, none of this would be necessary if people simply followed directions and the rules of the site. Why is it that people are dumb like that?

Phade.

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:40 pm

Phade wrote: Of course, none of this would be necessary if people simply followed directions and the rules of the site. Why is it that people are dumb like that?
Not to be the devil's advocate but this "anime only" rule was never clear, as shown by the amount of threads (in the forum) dealing with this problem...

For example I thought a video was allowed if it contained some anime in it, but I recently learnt that it had to be a "majority' of anime...which is understandable, but I didn't know it. And I've been here for a while, and as an active user...

That said, I like the idea of automatic cleaning of the database, good work :D

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:41 pm

Phade wrote:Of course, none of this would be necessary if people simply followed directions and the rules of the site. Why is it that people are dumb like that?
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.

tuathaanwarrior
Org Profile

Post by tuathaanwarrior » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:24 pm

Phade wrote:Of course, none of this would be necessary if people simply followed directions and the rules of the site. Why is it that people are dumb like that?

Phade.
Whoever can answer that is deserving of a nobel prize.

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:14 pm

cause they dont know WTF rules are. If someone simply busted out a dictionary and read all 2000+ pages for once, they would know the the hell rules were, and possibly how to follow them.

EXODO
Org Profile

Post by EXODO » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:18 pm

The problem with some of those members is that the dont read the rules they just click on the check box that says "I agree" and that is it. They dont bother reading the rules (they are not that difficult you know!).

But in part it is also our falut because we discourage new members to ask questions. We just answer "read the ruels" or "way newbies ask stupid questions". We somethimes make them feel less. I know it happened to me when I was new and it is not a good experience. and even now when you enter the forums you see things like that.

Others just are stupid or want to be funny.
It is not that difficult to classify anime.
- Harry Potter is not anime.
- The Loard of the rings movies are not anime.
- Teen Titans are not anime.

I think this might be part of the answer to that question.
Trying is the first step towards FAILER!!! <awayoflife>

Return to “Site Announcements”