Automatic Seek and Destroy

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Automatic Seek and Destroy

Postby Phade » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:23 pm

Hey All,

In an effort to clean up the database, an automatic "seek and destroy" script has been run. It basically went out and found videos that shouldn't be in the database and deleted them. Here are the three criterions that it used:

* Videos listed with all non-anime and entered >3 months ago
* Videos listed with no anime and no music and entered >3 months ago
* Videos listed with (no anime or no music) and no premiere date and entered >6 months ago

If your video fell into any of these categories and you would like it undeleted, please <a href="mailto:admin@animemusicvideos.org?subject=Undelete Video Request">email the admin</a> with which video you're talking about and a good reason to undelete the info.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby O-Kagachi » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:28 pm

sweet, no more live action movies. Ive said it before, and ill say it again. ALL HAIL PHADE!!
O-Kagachi

Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.

Postby Jnzk » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:30 pm

*applause*
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby angelx03 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:35 pm

"Seek" and "destroy" Two wonderful words in the English language. Awesome work! :D

Now comes the fun part; waiting for some doof dork complaining about this. :roll:
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Otohiko » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:49 pm

Just curious, what's the reasoning behind doing this for >3/6 months, and not all through? Isn't anime/music information locked after a shorter period than that?
Otohiko

Postby Phade » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:07 pm

Hey Otohiko,

Someone could have started entering information, stopped for a while, and then was going to start up again. By doing it this way, it gives them a little buffer room just in case. Video information is locked two weeks after anime and music have been entered and premiere date set.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Otohiko » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:10 pm

Ah, OK, so you can technically enter a video you're still working on but haven't finalized, and keep it unlocked as long as you don't enter a premiere date and complete source info. Didn't realize that.

Otohiko

Postby greenjinjo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:11 pm

Just out of curiousity, how many videos did that end up deleting?
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!
greenjinjo

Postby Phade » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:48 pm

Hey,

It got rid of about 5000 vids with the majority being "no anime and no music". I didn't record the numbers exactly, but the breakdown went something like:

3500 - No anime, No music
1000 - All non-anime
500 - Old and no premiere date

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby RamonesFan2020204 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:24 pm

This is bullshit! All my Mega Man videos got deleted, just because the cartoon wasn't anime. This is BULL-SHIT!
RamonesFan2020204

Postby AMVfreak » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:36 pm

RamonesFan2020204 wrote:This is bullshit! All my Mega Man videos got deleted, just because the cartoon wasn't anime. This is BULL-SHIT!

You broke the rules.
Don't whine.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK
AMVfreak

Postby Otohiko » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:44 pm

RamonesFan2020204 wrote: just because the cartoon wasn't anime.

There aren't very many other reasons videos get deleted around here, to be honest :roll:
Otohiko

Postby AMVfreak » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:47 pm

AMVfreak wrote:
RamonesFan2020204 wrote:This is bullshit! All my Mega Man videos got deleted, just because the cartoon wasn't anime. This is BULL-SHIT!

You broke the rules.
Don't whine.

Ok, that sounds kind of mean.
Let me try a different approach:

American cartoon-footage music videos are not allowed here at the org. Therefore, Search and Destroy removes them off animemusicvideos.org, since that's not what the site is for.
AnimeMusicVideos.org hosts [anime/japan-made games/original art] music videos, and anything else is pretty much prohibited here. Unfortunately, you will have to deal with this, as your videos weren't supposed to be entered here in the first place.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK
AMVfreak

Postby O-Kagachi » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:51 pm

[Comment removed.] Hey, just because some of the Megaman Games have Anime cutscenes, that still doesnt make them anime.

[MOD22: Removed personal attack. Please read the org Forum Rules]
O-Kagachi

Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.

Postby RamonesFan2020204 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:16 pm

Ixidor, reality sculptor wrote:
[Comment removed.] Hey, just because some of the Megaman Games have Anime cutscenes, that still doesnt make them anime.

I didn't use the games, I used the Mega Man cartoon show.
RamonesFan2020204

Next

Return to Site Announcements