Super Search Update

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Super Search Update

Postby Phade » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:44 pm

Hey All,

The method used by the Super Search page to look up stuff has been modified (hopfully for the better). Please let me know if your results are still fairly accurate or even if you can tell a difference. If you have trouble with the page, definitly post here.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Corran » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:03 pm

Looks good so far. The comments search field appears to work now which is an obvious improvement. :)
Corran

Postby Scintilla » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:41 pm

Corran wrote:The comments search field appears to work now which is an obvious improvement. :)

:shock:

*rushes off to try it*
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Zarxrax » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:27 pm

The comment's field doesn't appear to work properly for me, or at least not the way I would expect it to.

Also if you use quotes in any fields, it gives a mysql error.
Zarxrax

Postby Scintilla » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:10 pm

I entered "believe" in the Song field, trying to find a certain well-known video so I could finally watch it, but the only 19 results I got were for songs including the word "believer" in the title.

I tried "believ", but that gave the same 19 "believer" results, plus one for "believing".

"Belie" is no better; neither is "belie*".

I had to search for "potent" in the Artist field to get what I wanted.
ImageImage
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Phade » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:43 pm

Hey Scintilla,

I'm almost done fixing the others. You're issue has been confimed by me, but it really doesn't make sense that there should be an issue with that particular search term. Researching...

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Scintilla » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:06 pm

I actually wasn't trying to test the search or anything when I tried that; I just noticed the problem and figured that this would be a good place to report it. So I don't know if other search terms would have similar problems...
ImageImage
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Phade » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:25 pm

Hey Scintilla,

I've found and fixed the problem. Turns out there is the list of "stopwords" that are ignored in fulltext searches and "believe" was on the list for some reason. I've reset the system to ignore the stopwords list and the search works just fine now.

Crisis averted.

Phade
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Phade » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:10 am

Hey,

Other fixes are now live. Lemme know if it breaks. ^_^

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Scintilla » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:14 am

Thanks very much! Will do ^_^
ImageImage
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby Orwell » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:17 am

I was searching for a video with the song mad world, and I knew the anime, paranoia agent, but when I type both things in, i dont get any results, even when i copy and paste all of the information given when I just search under paranoia agent. I tested this with a few videos all to the same result. I also attempted copying and pasting the title of the video, to search under that, and it doesnt seem to work either, although that seems to be the case only a few times. I'll test this again when i have more time, but i thought it best to mention it now.
Orwell
godx, Son of godix

Postby Phade » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:32 am

Hey Orwell,

Yes, there is currently a 4 character minimum to searches. Your query should work if you use "world" for the song and "paranoia" for the anime. I'm going to knock it down to 3 characters later today as well as implement quotes (ex. "mad world" with quotes for an exact match) and the "fewer results" option for categories.

Thanks again for your help!

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Phade » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:04 pm

Hey All,

Ok, the quoted text search portion is now working as well as "less results" when choosing multiple categories. For quoted text, it will search for exactly what you put in quotes. Ex. a search for the song "mad world" or "in the end" will pull up songs that have that exact match in the song name.

Again, lemme know if stuff breaks.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby treefrog1188 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:55 pm

I noticed that it won't show any yu gi oh amvs. It just says there are no results. I tried typing in a song from one of the one's I've already downloaded, but it still didn't show any yu gi oh ones. That's the only problem I found, though. I hope you can fix it.

Thanks! ^__^
treefrog1188

Postby Zero » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:16 pm

How did you type the name in? I belive you have to put in "Yu-Gi-Oh!" for it to appear because Hyphens (-) can be considered part of the name.

-Zero
Phade wrote:(I've actually promised to spend some time with my wife now. It's "happy Friday time".)
Zero

Next

Return to Site Announcements