VCA 2005 Begins

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:18 am

I also noticed that three editors have been nominated for both Most Improved and Rookie of the Year. My understanding was that Most Improved refered to over the previous year, thus you can't be both a Rookie and Most Improved.

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:38 am

Some guy who I don't know (I swear) wrote:I also noticed that three editors have been nominated for both Most Improved and Rookie of the Year. My understanding was that Most Improved refered to over the previous year, thus you can't be both a Rookie and Most Improved.
:oops: No wait that's wrong, there's no mention of year in the description. It can apply to any editor who showed great improvement. My bad... I mean his, his bad. The guy I don't know.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:49 pm

Zarxrax wrote:I just went through the list of nominations and all I can say is... WOW, its a madhouse! AMV Hell nominated for best artistic? Whisper of the beast as Best No-effects, EvaBebop for best simplicity... Vicbond's Believe for most original :lol:
My personal favorite is AMV Hell 2 for best original. There are many words for sequels but 'original' isn't one of them.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:52 pm

godix wrote: My personal favorite is AMV Hell 2 for best original. There are many words for sequels but 'original' isn't one of them.
Haha, i didn't even notice that one :lol:
Some sequals can be original in their execution, though Hell 2 was just a rehash of the same damn formula from Hell 1 :p

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:39 pm

Zarxrax wrote:On a seperate note, I wonder if "AMV Hell 2" could be removed from all nominations? I generally feel it to be one and the same with AMV Hell 1,
Well, we just need to convince Phade to use either Condorcet/Cloneproof SSD or approval voting for the final results and that won't matter.

We should try and convince him next time we see him on AIM. Maybe we can even get him to visit http://www.electionmethods.org/. Approval voting would probably only requiring removing the "one vote per category" test.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

Cilob
Org Profile

Post by Cilob » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:42 pm

So, when do you think the/this contest will be done?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:44 pm

Cilob wrote:So, when do you think the/this contest will be done?
March 7th.

12th in the (unlikely) event of runoffs.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Site Announcements”