VCA 2005 Begins

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Darci-San » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:51 pm

Scintilla wrote:
glamgurl3888 wrote:where do we sign up for this?

You're automatically signed up, as long as you check the "all videos entered" box, fix any incorrect information in your video entries, and follow all the other rules before the deadline.

omg thank-you for that XD... these rules read like Stereo instructions.. O_o... XD!

so I think i'm all set... *still worrying weither everything is set or not*.. O_O.. all correct info.. yup... clicked the box to say all video's entered.. good... OK!.. i'm set XD

accually.. Does anyone know how to get "original animated" option?... like Bigbigtruck has on her vid? O_O...
Darci-San

Postby Eek-1 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:35 am

Darci-San wrote:accually.. Does anyone know how to get "original animated" option?... like Bigbigtruck has on her vid? O_O...

somewhere in the long list in step3:Anime, maybe.
Eek-1

Re: VCA 2005 Begins

Postby MorningBelles » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:56 am

Phade wrote:PLEASE NOTE (and I cannot emphasize this enough): All members who have entered videos into the catalog during 2004 have had their “all my videos are in the catalog” indication reset to “no”. If you do not enter all of your videos no matter which year they were created and reset the indicator back to “yes”, you will be disqualified from this year’s VCA.

Um, could you explain it? I don't really get it. On my "qualification status", it said YES to no indication of my amvs or something like that.
Spread your wings, and prepare to fly to your dreams.
MorningBelles

Postby Scintilla » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:34 am

MorningBelles wrote:
Phade wrote:PLEASE NOTE (and I cannot emphasize this enough): All members who have entered videos into the catalog during 2004 have had their ?all my videos are in the catalog? indication reset to ?no?. If you do not enter all of your videos no matter which year they were created and reset the indicator back to ?yes?, you will be disqualified from this year?s VCA.

Um, could you explain it? I don't really get it. On my "qualification status", it said YES to no indication of my amvs or something like that.

Go to "Edit My Profile" and check the box that says "All my videos have been entered into the database".
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

sigh

Postby otaku_punk » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:42 am

yhea anthor vca get to see some good vids i might have overlook.
hope my video make it ( haha sure , and the az cardinals are going all the way, not only that i just realize i only made one vidoe last year) good luck guys
otaku_punk

Postby Sonicthecitydefender » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:16 pm

Scintilla wrote:
MorningBelles wrote:
Phade wrote:PLEASE NOTE (and I cannot emphasize this enough): All members who have entered videos into the catalog during 2004 have had their ?all my videos are in the catalog? indication reset to ?no?. If you do not enter all of your videos no matter which year they were created and reset the indicator back to ?yes?, you will be disqualified from this year?s VCA.

Go to "Edit My Profile" and check the box that says "All my videos have been entered into the database".

you rock XD...well i'm in this thing...as all my AMVs (cept Full Drive....neer did remaster it well enough for public release...) are qualified now...although My focus on SOnic might hamper me...
MUST DEFEND THE CITY!! -Sonic "sonic: city defender"
http://sigx.yuriy.net/link.php
Sonicthecitydefender

Postby Kyuubi_Kaiten » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:36 pm

if u finished it before dec 31,2004 but u forgot to post it would it be qualified? (like posting it in 2005 on jan but your premier date was like dec 28, 2004) :?:

if your videos says potentially qualified videos---video name

disqualifying factors
Has videos with blank anime: No
Has ambiguous anime: No
Has videos with blank music: No
Has ambiguous music: No
No indication for all videos in catalog: YES
Has videos with only non-anime footage: No

do i have to change nething even if it is qualified but has a yes... what does the yes mean?? holy sh*t i have so many questions... so soorry...
Kyuubi_Kaiten

Postby Kyuubi_Kaiten » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:42 pm

NVM i got the disqualifying factor straightened out
Kyuubi_Kaiten

Postby Darkhope1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:40 pm

Well I have everything as 'no' except the first one which is "no blank anime"? how the heck do I fix that? O.o
Yo, sup?
Darkhope1

Postby AMVfreak » Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:04 am

Darkhope1 wrote:Well I have everything as 'no' except the first one which is "no blank anime"? how the heck do I fix that? O.o

Your A New Beginning-Jounouchi and Mai video entry has no anime entered. :)

[MOD22: folker001's post was split here]
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK
AMVfreak

Postby J.Alana » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:02 pm

I just want to say that I wish the best of luck to everyone in this contest.

This is great contest and I am pleased to be included in it but more so, I just wish everyone the best of luck.

Good luck everyone ;)

Peace
J. Alana
J&P Productions/Sakura Zuka studios
J.Alana

Postby Jnzk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:39 am

Just a suggestion about the color coding... I have downloaded every video I nominated so no vids show as red to me. :|
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby Jnzk » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:41 am

Argh.... I didn't understand red meant "nominated this round". >_<
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby Zarxrax » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:32 am

I just went through the list of nominations and all I can say is... WOW, its a madhouse! AMV Hell nominated for best artistic? Whisper of the beast as Best No-effects, EvaBebop for best simplicity... Vicbond's Believe for most original :lol:

I really think that someone ought to go through and remove the many videos that CLEARLY don't belong in the categories that they were nominated for. I think it would be a travesty if a video that clearly doesn't even fit the category description would go on to win in that category. It seems as if people are merely voting for their favorite videos, and not even paying attention to the category description. Also in categories such as best first video, there are a number that aren't really a creators first, and they don't make an effort to hide the fact.

On a seperate note, I wonder if "AMV Hell 2" could be removed from all nominations? I generally feel it to be one and the same with AMV Hell 1, and people may end up splitting their votes between them. More importantly though, if both videos happen to go to the final voting stage, it will take up a valuable extra slot, stopping another deserving vid from getting attention.

Although I understand if the nominations cannot be tampered with.
Zarxrax

Postby angelx03 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:43 am

Well, I can understand why Believe got voted Most Original since not many people has ever seen a MAD before.
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements