Instrumental and Sentimental categories added!

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:25 pm

Yeah I know. I've just seen a lot of vids where serious does mean angsty so I just...mixed them together. ^_^;

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:59 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:the Powers That Be Have Spoken(tm). I'm just a bit befuddled about it.
These new categories are designed to help the VCAs more than anything else. We always have Sentimental and Instrumental categories in the VCAs but have to include every video that year as possibles which is clearly not appropriate.

One could argue that Eternal Damnation last year wasn't instrumental at all - it had lyrics, it's just that they were in Latin.

Although I'd prefer the categories to be more useful for the viewer I do think we need these for the VCAs (and they have been rewuested numerous times).

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:31 am

I hope that we can add a Dramedy category soon. I predict it will be the next trend in AMVs!
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:07 pm

paizuri wrote:I hope that we can add a Dramedy category soon. I predict it will be the next trend in AMVs!
I says <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 28816">the comedy is that it's serious</a>. :D

(I had to!)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:24 pm

It occurs to me that Instrumental and Sentimental will now have filters on the top ten percent. Checks...

Ok Scintilla is the first at the top of Instrumental, while though not at the top, Arigatomyna dominates Sentimental.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:30 pm

ah, that makes sense. Even though it's kind of funny that an award for videos is going to change the kinds of videos that are made in the first place. Heh.

But if it's for the VCAs it isn't relevant to most of us, considering as old videos don't have to be changed to it and some of us don't qualify anyway.

That simplifies things.

Return to “Site Announcements”