Search Tools Revised

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:18 pm

Maverick-Rubik wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up before, but it seems the opinion counts are inaccurate to what they really are on the Suggestion list.
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... =42215">It has</a>.

But no one's responded yet.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:24 pm

It's also been fixed :roll:

Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:42 pm

thanks.

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:02 pm

are there any replacement videos for the suggestion query cause i'm going back and giving ratings to amvs i have seen but the query list is getting smaller and smaller. will it update and give more videos?
Image Image

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:08 pm

It is supposed to generate a new list every 24 hours. The resaon it doesn't do this sooner is to save on processing power that the page consumes.

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:27 pm

i see. i'll eliminate as many as possible today then. thanks for the info.

Geirr
Org Profile

Working pretty well so far ...

Post by Geirr » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:38 am

But, as was said in the first page, ther should be a way to clear off or 'provisionally' rate AMV's you've already seen, or d/l'ed indirectly.

Plus, a lot of AMV fans trade AMV's at anime clubs and LAN parties, which is why both methods (which seem to work great) select 20 or so vids I've already seen.

Here's a trick question: If there's a series or a song or a group you HATE, then those AMV's end up not being selected for you. So now, let's say there might be a total send-up or parody AMV that just rips the living crap out of that series or group you HATE, which would mean you would really LOVE that particular AMV, because to you the stuff you dislike is getting ABUSED the way it DESERVES.

Could an algorithm detect that?

- G

serebro
Org Profile

Getting parodies of animes/songs you hate suggested...

Post by serebro » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:02 pm

There should be a way to do that. :idea: I know in SQL I'd use something like:

SELECT [suggestions]
FROM [database]
WHERE ( ( (Anime NOT IN (hated_anime1, hated_anime2)) AND (Artist NOT IN (hated_artist1, hated_artist2)) ) OR (Category=Parody) )

If I can come up with that off the top of my head, it might be possible, but it depends on how complicated the rest of the query is and the structure of the database. Obviously, if it would require a database redesign to implement efficiently, it may not happen all that soon. :)

Even though I can't afford to donate at this point (just spent 2 months out of work), please count me as someone who'd love to see this worked into the suggestions if possible... :D

Daeyeth
Org Profile

Post by Daeyeth » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:36 pm

i have a question about ignoring a video. after i first ignored some videos, it says that if i ignore too many videos it'll make it inaccurate. is this true? right now i'm only ignoring videos because i've already downloaded them before. usually about half the list is made up of videos i've already downloaded. so if i ignore them, will it recalculate whatever formula its using to come up with my videos? because i really like the selection besides the ones that i havent seen.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:49 pm

Daeyeth: How can the system be accurate if it doesn't have your preference information about the videos you are ignoring.

Return to “Site Announcements”