The 2004 Viewers Choice Awards Results

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby CaTaClYsM » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:44 am

Beowulf wrote:What if one of the nominations wouldn't be allowed for local hosting due to violence/sex?

That would mean the video had excessive sexual nudity and or violence, or the video used downloaded footage. Until there is a best Hentai Video category and a best Exploding Bodies and Orgy of Blood category that shouldn't be a problem. And if it's downloaded footage being used, then how the hell did it get nominated in the first place?

Another fact for you to chew on is that most of the videos nominated had a Local link to begin with.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab
CaTaClYsM

Postby fyrtenheimer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:36 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:
Pwolf wrote:not to mention i'm sure people have downloaded the nominated videos anyway.

That's not true at all, you must be forgetting all us unfortunates stuck on 56k. I spent a good week d/ling nothing but nominees and still couldn't get them all.

Of course, we could require everyone to reveal their internet connections and disallow those on 56k to vote. :roll:

f# that and that "only vote local" idea. You and me, and hopefully others on 56k, didn't even vote in those categories if we couldn't download all the videos in a given category. There's plenty of direct or indirect links and I only got to watch some of these videos just because of those links (Thank God for you people who supply them). That would just decrease what I am allowed to dowload and vote upon.

It probably doesn't matter anyway. There's so many videos to choose from when you nominate, and I know no one here as seen every video in a given category. It's practically unfair from the start. Maybe the nominations should be changed. Only allow videos with so many hits-to-op-to-star ratings, something crappy like, that to be nominated.
fyrtenheimer

Postby Voices_Of_Ryan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:41 am

fyrtenheimer wrote:and I know no one here as seen every video in a given category.

Not quite...
"hey... no"
Voices_Of_Ryan

Postby fyrtenheimer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:44 am

Forgetting those couple categories that had only a few nominees and remembering the other categories that had a few hundred.

Shutup, Jacob.
fyrtenheimer

Postby Voices_Of_Ryan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:48 am

fyrtenheimer wrote:Forgetting those couple categories that had only a few nominees and remembering the other categories that had a few hundred.

Shutup, Jacob.

I'm just saying I'm pretty sure a few people watched them, I watched all the ones in the vote phase.

Shutup, Rachel
"hey... no"
Voices_Of_Ryan

Postby fyrtenheimer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:54 am

I'm talking about the nominations. Not the final phase of the contest. And for those who did, that's great. But what's the ratio of how many people did to how many people who didn't.
fyrtenheimer

Postby Voices_Of_Ryan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:56 am

fyrtenheimer wrote:I'm talking about the nominations. Not the final phase of the contest. And for those who did, that's great. But what's the ratio of how many people did to how many people who didn't.

I know, I wasnt calling you a liar.

I was just stating like I'm sure some people might have.

And besides,
I just read what you said wrong before about the nominations and thought you ment final voiting thats all.

It's not like I'm insulting your intelligence or something =\
"hey... no"
Voices_Of_Ryan

Postby fyrtenheimer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:59 am

That's what I figured, so I resaid what I meant.

<3
fyrtenheimer

Postby Voices_Of_Ryan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:00 am

fyrtenheimer wrote:That's what I figured, so I resaid what I meant.

<3

What can I say but the obvious.

Fyrtenheimer < Vor

/end
"hey... no"
Voices_Of_Ryan

Postby Pwolf » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:12 pm

over the course of an entire year i'm sure the people on 56k have download some of the videos that were nomitated, no? every year there is that video or videos that "everyone must have" so i'm sure a good number of 56k'ers would take the time to download those videos. just guessing tho.

Pwolf
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:35 pm

Pwolf wrote:over the course of an entire year i'm sure the people on 56k have download some of the videos that were nomitated, no? every year there is that video or videos that "everyone must have" so i'm sure a good number of 56k'ers would take the time to download those videos. just guessing tho.

Umm, yeah, I already had maybe half of the videos. And I spent a week trying to d/l all the rest. It took me an average of 6-7 hours to get one video. Sometimes longer. But some of the videos isn't enough. And, no, I didn't vote in categories in which I hadn't seen all the nominees.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby fyrtenheimer » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:00 pm

Pwolf wrote:over the course of an entire year i'm sure the people on 56k have download some of the videos that were nomitated, no? every year there is that video or videos that "everyone must have" so i'm sure a good number of 56k'ers would take the time to download those videos. just guessing tho.

Pwolf

Well uh, of course we have. Just because some thread in AMV Announcements got 11 replies or about 20 people like a video doesn't mean I'm going to automatically download it (nevermind the fact that I don't hear about half of them until I see promotional threads in the VCA section) ...probably because I can't. Depending on what people's tastes are, by the time the VCA's come around I know that I have not downloaded all of them, --though this year I got a few categories where I saw all the videos, so I could actually vote, 'twas nice--.

My ISP kicks me off at around 4 hours. So I can only download videos that are less than about 62mb. Oprah (or that Mozilla crap) doesn't work (for me) and you can't use download managers. I can't possibly be the only one here with these problems.
This site has people here who just can't get all the videos and some people need to just realize that.
fyrtenheimer

Postby klinky » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:02 am

Congratulations to all the winners ;D!

I thought Koop was going to win more. But four is enough I guess :p.

Cheers to all... :p
klinky

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:01 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:
Beowulf wrote:What if one of the nominations wouldn't be allowed for local hosting due to violence/sex?

That would mean the video had excessive sexual nudity and or violence, or the video used downloaded footage. Until there is a best Hentai Video category and a best Exploding Bodies and Orgy of Blood category that shouldn't be a problem.

So you are saying Hentai vids could never compete for Best Overall or Best Original Concept?
mexicanjunior

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:04 am

CaTaClYsM wrote: Until there is a best Hentai Video category and a best Exploding Bodies and Orgy of Blood category that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, keep in mind the VCA Best Horror Winner in 2001 (Faces of Death), could not be uploaded to the local server due to gore, so you are saying it would be disqualified by your standards.
mexicanjunior

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements