"No Vote" Consequence Revoked

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

"No Vote" Consequence Revoked

Postby Phade » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:33 pm

Hey All,

After further review, it has been determined that the "no vote" consequence rule for video creators with disqualified videos is indeed too harsh. Even if a creator's videos have been disqualified either willfully or by lack of action, the video creator is still a viewer and should still be entitled to let their voice be heard. Thus effective immediately, the rule has been reversed and all members created before Jan 1, 2004, as stated by rule #12 may now vote. Nomination voting ends Jan 31, so there is plenty of time for people to catch up.

Good luck to everyone and have fun!!

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Arigatomina » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:59 pm

Thank you very much. ^_^
Arigatomina

Postby Beowulf » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:05 pm

Excellent choice.
Beowulf

Postby SSJVegita0609 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:12 pm

Agreed
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.
SSJVegita0609

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:39 pm

Thank you sir :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby jbone » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:50 pm

...Except that the awards still aren't validly "viewer's choice," since there are so many disqualifications. :roll:
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."
jbone

Postby J-0080 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:54 pm

jbone wrote:...Except that the awards still aren't validly "viewer's choice," since there are so many disqualifications. :roll:

Word, many of the videos I was planning to vote on are disqualified. :(
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.
:lol:
J-0080

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:37 am

jbone wrote:...Except that the awards still aren't validly "viewer's choice," since there are so many disqualifications. :roll:

Yes.. true...

But then again jbone don't always see the negative side of things :wink: ... Atleast now everyone is allowed to vote, that's something positive :wink:

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:00 am

Good work, Phade.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby CaTaClYsM » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:29 am

Don't worry, JB. Maybe things will go better for you next year.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab
CaTaClYsM

Postby Tyler_Darko » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:45 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Yes.. true...

But then again jbone don't always see the negative side of things :wink: ... Atleast now everyone is allowed to vote, that's something positive :wink:

Vlad

J-0080 wrote:Word, many of the videos I was planning to vote on are disqualified. :(
Tyler_Darko

Postby Corran » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:46 pm

J-0080 wrote:Word, many of the videos I was planning to vote on are disqualified. :(

x2 :?
Corran

Postby CaTaClYsM » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:34 pm

Corran Productions wrote:

x3
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab
CaTaClYsM

Postby Savia » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:35 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:

x3

Likewise. And it's not for want of trying in many cases.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.
Savia
Chocolate teapot

Postby Tyler_Darko » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:47 pm

Savia wrote:
CaTaClYsM wrote:

x3

Likewise. And it's not for want of trying in many cases.

Me too

x5 :roll:
Tyler_Darko

Next

Return to Site Announcements