VCA Nominations Have Started

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

VCA Nominations Have Started

Postby Phade » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:15 am

Hey All,

I just wanted to let you know that the VCA nominations have started. This is the most important part of the whole VCA process, in my opinion. This is the only time that any qualifying video can get into the final round of voting. Nominations are currently scheduled to end Jan 31. This should give all of you a good amount of time to shamelessly promote, review possible nominees, and get your nomination votes in.

Good luck to everyone and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby angelx03 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:17 am

That was fast.

Man, these votes are going to be tough since I read Vlad's post about the VCA. :x
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Phade » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:22 am

Hey,

Oh yeah, I forgot to point out that you can vote for as many videos for each category as you like, so vote often and vote well (of course the final vote will be one vote per category). You can modify your nomination votes up until the last day of nominations. This means that you can start with the videos you already know and add/remove videos as you find them.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby J-0080 » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:23 am

rockin

/me nominates
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.
:lol:
J-0080

Postby Corran » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:37 am

:x And I was about to clean my room too....... Well I guess I still will, though quickly.
Corran

Postby Beowulf » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:51 am

FYI:

Might wanna capitalize "Rookie of the year" and make it "Rookie of the Year" like Video of the Year.

:up:
Beowulf

Postby Beowulf » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:57 am

Also I find it ironic that the videos Wonka and I removed from our database can be voted on.

Go vote "War" and "Sleep" for best instimental! HypeO power!
Beowulf

Postby Katsumi_AMVs » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:43 am

My page info wrote:We are sorry, but you and your videos have been disqualified from the 2004 Viewers Choice Awards. Every effort was made to inform all possible participants about the rules and concequences of failure to meet the set regulations. Listed below are the reason(s) you have been disqualified:

No indication for all videos in catalog.

Why? :cry:
Nothing usefull here .
Katsumi_AMVs

Postby Katsumi_AMVs » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:50 am

Ugh . . . me and my stupidity :x

Well ignore my first post in this thread . . . . . oh well . . . . I'll vote next year :(
Nothing usefull here .
Katsumi_AMVs

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:11 am

Beowulf wrote:Also I find it ironic that the videos Wonka and I removed from our database can be voted on.

Yea, I notice the same thing with one of the videos I removed....I'm sure Phade will look into this

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby downwithpants » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:55 am

You might want to fix "Romanic Video," if you can.

or, when in Rome...
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Postby Fluxmeister » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:55 am

Might want to spell romantic correctly...

I was discussing with doki...

Best "Romanic" = best video from Romania?
I have sinned. I made a video I wanted to make that was music + anime + sync + action + effects/transitions. Oh lordy. :roll:
NHMK Anime Reviews
Fluxmeister

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:33 am

Beowulf wrote:Also I find it ironic that the videos Wonka and I removed from our database can be voted on.

OK, there is an error with the generated list of qualified videos, so I apologise about that. As soon as phade wakes up I'll bring it to his attention.

See, the way the deletion works is that it effectively "hides" the video. WHen the qualified list was made I think Phade must have found the qualified members and then listed *all* their videos including deleted ones.

I'll see if I can get him to fix it, although it may involve people doing their nominations again, I dont know.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby Beowulf » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:35 am

On a subject unrelating, after the VCA's can said videos be reinstated into our profiles?

:mrgreen:
Beowulf

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:18 am

Beowulf wrote:On a subject unrelating, after the VCA's can said videos be reinstated into our profiles?

:mrgreen:

That's not for me to decide.
AbsoluteDestiny

Next

Return to Site Announcements