Delete Video Option Available

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Delete Video Option Available

Postby Phade » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:22 am

Hey All,

The goal of the AnimeMusicVideos.org catalog is to list every anime music video ever created, no matter how good the video may be. This is the main reason why members cannot delete video information.

However, there are a few circumstances when deleting video information is needed, such as a duplicate entry or the entry is a non-anime music video. You may request to have a video entry deleted by using the link found on the Edit Videos page. The request will be reviewed by a site administrator and either accepted or denied.

Deletions can be requested now. Actual deletions will start tomorrow (since I am going to bed now). Good luck and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby HungryCrackPot » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:58 am

shit
And here i thought my survivors were safe now...
ImageImageImageImageImage
HungryCrackPot
Spammer Time

Postby SarahtheBoring » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:00 am

Out of curiosity, if we delete a vid now, will it run us afoul of the "All your videos must be on the DB" rule later? :? (or does that apply only to completely finished, completely anime vids?)

Got a few game vids that should be knocked off, just to be fair. (Two Final Fantasy vids and Star Ocean 2, which is about the same thing. IMNSHO, FF is not anime-style; anyone who's seen it knows that. :P)

Anyway, just wondered about that combination of rules.
SarahtheBoring

Postby Corran » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:16 am

Why are you deleting your FF vids? They won't disqualify you. There just won't be a GMV category in the VCAs. GMVs will have to compete in the same catagories as all of the other vids.
Corran

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:17 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:Got a few game vids that should be knocked off, just to be fair

No, don't do it. :cry:
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
Flint the Dwarf

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:07 am

FF is considered as anime on the org and if you request for those videos to be deleted there's no saying we'll agree to delete them :)
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby LightningCountX » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:07 am

yay, its bout time we got this ^^ time to delete some entires...
LightningCountX

Postby SarahtheBoring » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:51 am

Ehhhh. To me, games are not anime even if they are both Japanese pop-cultural exports. I mean, apples are not oranges just because both grow on trees. Besides, it's always been a little annoying being looked down on because I had to start as a mere game-video-making peon (I'm still a peon, but I'm an AMV-making peon now!), and it's like a chance to clear my conscience.

But I guess it would be more work for you guys, which is kind of what AD said. :?

so yeah, no escaping one's newbieish stupidity. I wouldn't have released the fucking things at all if I knew they'd hound me to my grave.
SarahtheBoring

Postby )v(ajin Koji » Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:09 pm

i have a double entry and a vid ill never upload...so ill prob be using this...
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
)v(ajin Koji

Postby Katsumi_AMVs » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:18 am

W00t !

I have 2 of my old vids fixed ! :D

Now my One piece(Never Go Down) amv it's uploaded with the Xvid *deinterlaced*version woot !

THANK YOU for the great work Phade ^^
Nothing usefull here .
Katsumi_AMVs

Postby Beowulf » Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:40 am

Goodbye War :(
Beowulf

Postby AquaSky » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:01 am

Good deal. Will there eventually be a way to delete oneself from a multi-editor video's list ?
AquaSky
Master of Science

Postby Fluxmeister » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:32 pm

Phade you might want to update #5 on http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca/2004/

Also mine says "Has videos with only non-anime footage: YES" ... is something not updated? Or is there something I still have that uses non-anime footage... (I thought I removed the one that did...)
I have sinned. I made a video I wanted to make that was music + anime + sync + action + effects/transitions. Oh lordy. :roll:
NHMK Anime Reviews
Fluxmeister

Postby Fluxmeister » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:34 pm

Never mind :P I forgot about the non-anime setting I tagged the powerpuff girls with...

Before I delete it... is that outright non-anime?
I have sinned. I made a video I wanted to make that was music + anime + sync + action + effects/transitions. Oh lordy. :roll:
NHMK Anime Reviews
Fluxmeister

Postby CaTaClYsM » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:27 pm

It's your best vid who gives a damn if it's not anime. :evil:
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab
CaTaClYsM

Next

Return to Site Announcements