VCA Pre-qualification Page

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

VCA Pre-qualification Page

Postby Phade » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:08 pm

Hey All,

In case you missed it, there is a VCA Qualified Videos check page. This will give you a good idea as to you and your videos qualification status. Please note that the results on the page are not official, mainly because we are stil going through the list if anime and music. The page will be modified as time goes and updates are made.

Good luck and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby SSJVegita0609 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:15 pm

Ummm, thats all well and good, but...

Has videos with blank anime: No
Has ambiguous anime: No
Has videos with blank music: No
Has ambiguous music: No
No indication for all videos in catalog: No
Has videos with only non-anime footage: YES

That last one is simply not true... All of my vids are pure anime... ?
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.
SSJVegita0609

Postby LightningCountX » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:22 pm

uh, i see no non anime entries in your profile vegita. Must be a glitch in the system. Hopefully phade will get it fixed so you can compete ^^
LightningCountX

Postby Arigatomina » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:22 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:That last one is simply not true... All of my vids are pure anime... ?

Same here, unless it's counting my FF8 vid. ^_^;
Arigatomina

Postby LightningCountX » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:26 pm

my t3h horror video is resident evil, silent hill, and parisite eve. I dunno how im getting the green light heh
LightningCountX

Postby J-0080 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:31 pm

CONSPIRACY?
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.
:lol:
J-0080

Postby Dannywilson » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:36 pm

I also have 2 non-anime videos, but it isn't from this year, or live action... What's the point of disqualifying a user rather than just a video for having non anime footage?
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us
Dannywilson

Postby J-0080 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:38 pm

Phade wrote:
The rule was not pointed at older members who have had entries from way-back-when and there was an understanding of the purpose of the site. The rule is more pointed at newer members who seem to easily forget that this site is AnimeMusicVideos.org. :-) The severity of the rule is a reflection of the unfortunate attitude of some of the newer members. The severity is meant to have these members take the catalog entries seriously.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.
J-0080

Postby SSJVegita0609 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:39 pm

Phade fixed me up :)

Good ole Phade.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.
SSJVegita0609

Postby Phade » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:40 pm

Hey,

Sorry about that. We're marking alot of entries as "non-anime" and sometimes that habbit will spill onto clearly actual anime titles. Two have been corrected (Cardcaptor Sakura and Princess Mononoke). Refresh and see if the page has been corrected for you.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Katsumi_AMVs » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:42 pm

I'm a GMV whore and :

My qualified videos info wrote:You have no disqualified videos for this year's contest.

^o^
Nothing usefull here .
Katsumi_AMVs

Postby SarahtheBoring » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:45 pm

Paulo wrote:I'm a GMV whore and :

My qualified videos info wrote:You have no disqualified videos for this year's contest.

^o^

Ditto; my first three vids were GMVs. :? Was that form ever finished to delete entries? Given the whole atmosphere of cleaning up the catalogue I'd still like to, you know, bomb those stupid things off the face of the earth. :lol:
SarahtheBoring

Postby Arigatomina » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:50 pm

Phade wrote:Two have been corrected (Cardcaptor Sakura...

Fixed. Good ole CCS. ^_^;;
Arigatomina

Postby Dannywilson » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:53 pm

I still don't understand why you would disqualify a user, not just his or her videos though. If a person has only non-anime videos, thus DQ'ing all his vids, wouldn't this solve the problem of not having the user participate? I'm really irked at improving so much from the last VCA's and not being able to participate.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us
Dannywilson

Postby Katsumi_AMVs » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:59 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:
Paulo wrote:I'm a GMV whore and :

^o^

Ditto; my first three vids were GMVs. :? Was that form ever finished to delete entries? Given the whole atmosphere of cleaning up the catalogue I'd still like to, you know, bomb those stupid things off the face of the earth. :lol:

Well since that info it's NOT official . . .I guess still have a possibility to some GMvids of mine or yours be rejected to the VCA . . . but if that happens I'm gonna lose something around 80% of my work :shock:
But , meh, even my vids being qualified to the VCas don't change that much who's going to win :roll:

Nothing usefull here .
Katsumi_AMVs

Next

Return to Site Announcements