The Viewers Choice Awards comes...

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

The Viewers Choice Awards comes...

Post by Phade » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:28 pm

Hey All,

I just wanted to remind everyone that the Viewer Choice Awards starts Jan. 1. The exact 2004 rules will be posted then. Further discussion to follow soon after. But there is one recurring rule that I wanted to point out: Only videos that premiere between Jan. 1, 2003 and Dec. 31, 2003 can participate in this upcoming VCA. This means that if you want your video to be included in the upcoming VCA, you had better finish and premiere it before the end of the year. ;-)

Phade.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:39 pm

Gah!

*Scurries off to edit
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Re: The Viewers Choice Awards comes...

Post by dwchang » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:26 pm

Phade wrote:This means that if you want your video to be included in the upcoming VCA, you had better finish and premiere it before the end of the year. ;-)

Phade.
Ain't gonna happen. Gunbound has taken over my life (and that of many editors on here) :P. That's fine though since this stupid bet video will be the worst thing I've ever made...

Good luck to all those making the final push though.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:51 pm

Hmm... this kinda sucks for people who finish their videos right at the beginning or end of the year (which will be, and was, me). I finished my first vid late December last year so it couldn't get much recognition (not that it would have qualified) but I see the same happening with the vid I'm working on now. And if I wait for the year to pass, any vids entered in January will be mostly forgotten by the time VCAs come around.

And, of course, the countermeasure for this is that creators pimp all their videos incessantly. I wonder, would it work if creators entered somewhere around one to three videos into the contest and could only have those considered for nomination? I guess that requires a lot more work and it's still tons to consider but considering that the vast majority of videos liable for nomination will be shunned aside anyway... just seems that might be more fair. Of course, I already see problems with my idea... but I think it will help prevent worthy videos from being swept away in the flood of creators "campaigning" to have their video recognized.

:?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:57 pm

Well I may well enter "Adrenaline Love"
flint_the_dwarf wrote:And, of course, the countermeasure for this is that creators pimp all their videos incessantly.
=¬|
|
|
|
v
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:07 pm

)v(ajin Koji wrote:Well I may well enter "Adrenaline Love"
Uhm...there's not really "entering" or anything. You get nominated through other members.

As for your stuff CJ, don't worry about it. It's just an online award :P. Not exactly worth pining your video releases over. ;)
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:24 pm

dwchang wrote:
)v(ajin Koji wrote:Well I may well enter "Adrenaline Love"
Uhm...there's not really "entering" or anything. You get nominated through other members.
by entering i was having another plug at Flint's comment on vid whoring

>_>
<_<
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:25 pm

Something tells me that this competition is going to be very tough especially the voting. In my opinion there were A LOT of good videos this year's than last year's.
ImageImage

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:47 pm

I totally missed the last VCA, looking forward to this. 8)

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:33 pm

dwchang wrote:As for your stuff CJ, don't worry about it. It's just an online award :P. Not exactly worth pining your video releases over. ;)
So you're already saying my video won't be recongized. :cry:
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “Site Announcements”