Off Topic Section Removed

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby CaTaClYsM » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:06 am

I'm starting to wonder exactly what is going on in Phades head. First he takes down the OT forums. THEN he starts marking off random posters that frequent the off topic forums. It's like he's trying harder and harder to drive them out of the baords and still save face.
CaTaClYsM

Postby dokool » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:38 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:I'm starting to wonder exactly what is going on in Phades head. First he takes down the OT forums. THEN he starts marking off random posters that frequent the off topic forums. It's like he's trying harder and harder to drive them out of the baords and still save face.

It isn't "random" if he's giving titles to posters who visited the OT forums more than 50%. Remember back when this thread was 30 pages long and all the people who loved OT were bitching about how they were never coming back? Maybe he wants to see how many of them were actually telling the truth. Thus, the more "Recovering OT Junkies" he sees posting, the better things are. Maybe if the pro-OT people hadn't made such a big deal when OT closed, they wouldn't have brought this upon themselves.

-DOKool
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash

Postby XenoDrake » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:03 am

And maybe he just wants to do something difrent, and maybe the mods might actualy have the TIME to give people titles now. Its not like this is anything new.

Hey Phade, if your putting up custom titles, can i have "Alien Dragon Emperor"

its been my title at every phpBB forum *save this one* for years now. wouldent mind having it here too, that is of course IF your taking requests. if not, oh well.

~XenoDrake
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 512 character limit
www.myspace.com/xenodrake for tunes
XenoDrake

Postby Nestorath69 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:35 am

Hey, can I have one too? I want mine to be "That Guy"... cuz I ain't special or pretentious- but arrogant enough to want my own title... Ha ha ha :lol: :lol:
Site whoring:
http://forums.megatokyo.com - for anime, manga, RPG, Real Life, Politics, science, Spam, Video games, Music, et cetera.
www.deltaanime.com - I'm a Mod, baby!
Nestorath69

Location: Utah right now. SLC region. I'll fight you. Come on!

Postby Trident » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:10 am

I tend to believe what was posted on Demonseal--slackers like me who hardly ever frequented anything but the OT stuff (well, that and general anime for me) received them. Heck, there was someone posting for a while in OT--I don't remember who it was--who didn't even like anime. As long as he doesn't completely ban usernames of OT junkies who left, I see no problem with him keeping track...
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon
Trident

Postby Nestorath69 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:05 pm

Hey, i spent like, three months exclusively in the GOT and WOT forums. never even bothered with the other forums until I seriously got involved in video editing.
Site whoring:
http://forums.megatokyo.com - for anime, manga, RPG, Real Life, Politics, science, Spam, Video games, Music, et cetera.
www.deltaanime.com - I'm a Mod, baby!
Nestorath69

Location: Utah right now. SLC region. I'll fight you. Come on!

Postby Phade » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:25 pm

Hey,

Nestorath69: You just missed out. You had 49.32% OT posting.

Everyone: Should the status limit be lowered to 45%? 40%? or is 50% a good mark? Just checking.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby angelx03 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:26 pm

Phade wrote:Hey,

Everyone: Should the status limit be lowered to 45%? 40%? or is 50% a good mark? Just checking.

Phade.

50% is good enough. :P
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby jonmartensen » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:41 pm

I think with even 50% it will take me 2-3 years to fully recover from being an off topic junkie.

I actually think it is kinda cool.
jonmartensen

Postby EarthCurrent » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:50 pm

Phade.

Why not simply make it .0001% and go after anyone who ever had the gall to post anything in OT... :roll:
EarthCurrent

Postby Lyrs » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:59 pm

Phade.

Hey Phade,

Are you having a lot of fun?

Lyrs.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science
Lyrs

Postby Tab. » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:56 pm

I was under 50%? But how..
Tab.

Postby Phade » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:24 pm

Hey Tab.,

You had an OT percent of 39.27%. It was all that help in "Video Software Help" and "General Video" that did you in... ;-)

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Arigatomina » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:35 pm

Any chance we can get a page of the stats? Just one of those 'interesting facts' type things?
Arigatomina

Postby SSJVegita0609 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:48 pm

Indeed, because I want to ask too, but I figure everyone's gonna start asking at this point.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.
SSJVegita0609

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements