Off Topic Section Removed

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:24 pm

Nappy wrote:People need to stop associating donations with the forums...It's not like every other time you post or look at a thread you see a pledge page...
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:10 pm

are the forums part of the site?

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:22 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:are the forums part of the site?
They don't have to be. :|
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:27 am

what do you mean? :¬|
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Declan_Vee
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Declan_Vee » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:42 am

Well I'll put it this way...

The Database, the Donut, The Forum

3 seperate things in one package, which we call "the org"
AMV Search | AMV Guides
AMV Live. "It's like Iron Chef, only too many cooks will spoil the broth"

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:39 pm

Oooggg. Replying to something three pages back. That'll teach me to post and then relax for a weekend.
mexicanjunior wrote: You are describing Hatter. If he chooses to post in GA or GM with the same BS that caused the OT sections to be removed, are they next? If starts to post in GAMV, will those sections be removed also? If you are removing sections to spite one form of poster, where does the "hacking off limbs" resolution conclude with?
Actually, I was decribing at least a couple of people. What about HungryCrackPot (unless they're the same person....I've forgotten)? Took forever for the mods to drive him out. The problem as I see it is that in OT it wasn't quite as clear what belonged and what didn't. Whatever got clipped always had a couple of defenders to shout "you're censoring us" or some such. In the other areas, blatanly "doesn't belong here" material is more obvious and more easily removed.
mexicanjunior wrote: Had this been said from the very beginning instead of the vague "OT has become a clique which must be perged" post from Phade, perhaps people wouldn't have taken it so personally.
I don't know.... I though it was pretty clear, with a lot of people fishing around trying to be offended (considering the noise from the "Phade is a nazi" group), but that could just be my perception.
mexicanjunior wrote: If one section of the forums was not to your liking, it seems to have a simple solution to me...don't visit it. You make it sound as if someone pointed a gun to your head and made you read the posts of all the "useless" members of OT. Like people have said earlier, OT posters have freedom of choice to visit other forums instead of the Org, likewise people that hated that section of the forums had freedom of choice never to dive into that section did they not?
Yes and no. You all seem convinced that what went on in OT and WOT had no effect on the rest of the forum, but it did. Temper tantrums tended to spill out into other sections as people with axes to grind followed one another around the board. They got cleaned up faster, so I only saw three or four incidents, but the referencing that went on internal to these fits sounded like it happened a lot. Further, friends of mine were being viciously ridiculed in absentia in OT and WOT. If I knew that members of a board were attacking me or a friend of mine in one section of the forum, I'm not likely to be all nice and friendly to those same people elsewhere in the same message board.

'sides, I tended to use the "posts since your last visit" function instead of individual categories. Which means browsing through a lot of OT and WOT categories.
mexicanjunior wrote: We are arguing in circles at this point now, so I guess we can agree to disagree. Last thing I wanna do is dig myself a hole come AWA judging. :oops:
*pfff* That's why the entries are blinded before they get to me. :)
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:47 pm

OMG lock this thread!!!
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

XenoDrake
Org Profile

Post by XenoDrake » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:49 pm

)v(ajin Koji wrote:OMG lock this thread!!!
x 2 :?

~XenoDrake
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 512 character limit
www.myspace.com/xenodrake for tunes

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:53 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:
So you left the boards because GOT but are coming back now? But I haven't seen any differance at all in the rest of the forum, so I don't really understand the logic behind that. The thing you should've done was simply stop posting in GOT and continue posting in the other forums.
The logic is that this move is going to make for a much more civil disscussion site. I don't think it'll happen overnight, but be more of a gradual onset as rivalries and grudges engendered in OT are forgotten, or the worst abusers get bored and leave.
SSJVegita0609 wrote:
No, it should be managed, not shut down. I saw no warning stickys (something that probably could've prevented this entire situation), heard of very few people being banned when they should be, and saw a general improvement in the amount of shit down there. So why do this now? Why didn't Phade do this durring the Sppamda rampage? Or durring the peak days of the Leesburg crews antics (most of which have left). I just don't see how OT was any worse now then it used to be.
Oh there were warning stickies. The mods leave them all over the place. They get ignored. Another warning is when posts disappear because of inflammatory material. A really good warning about this sort of thing was the first time Phade took the whole board down because of shit getting stirred up. I think that showed pretty clearly that "no forum whatsoever" was a tenable option. Why didn't he do this during Spammda's rampage? Maybe the recent stuff was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Maybe it was finally driven home that the situation wasn't getting any better. The place WAS managed, for two years. From the look of it, it required more management than anywhere else on the forum. Which is a lot of management for a section that had nothing to do with the site, and was just a recreational area.
SSJVegita0609 wrote: All I want to point out about that forum is that the mods tend to ignore it completely, whereas they should at least take a look in there without us having to point any mishaps we see out to them.
Are you sure of that? I mean, most mod work in there is, by definition, unseen.
SSJVegita0609 wrote: But that doesn't mean we can't voice our disagreement with him on certain subjects. I know it's his site and ultimately his descion, but I still feel like giving him my input.
Given. By the same count, I present my take on the situation.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:15 pm

MCWagner wrote:*pfff* That's why the entries are blinded before they get to me. :)
With science?
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Return to “Site Announcements”