A-M-V.org Epic Merch Contest

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

A-M-V.org Epic Merch Contest

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Hey there boys and girls! This is a message going out to all our fabulous artists on AnimeMusicVideos.org!

As you may know, the org has a Merchandise store on Zazzle.com - Link to it here!
Well, we've decided that since we've got an epic AMV site, with epic members...why shouldn't we have some EPIC merch?! Well, that's where you guys come in!

AnimeMusicVideos.org is holding it's first ever EPIC MERCH CONTEST!
Very similar to our logo and banner contests, users are able to submit their merch designs to be voted on by their peers with the top designs becoming official Org Merch! |:>

If we get enough love and support for this contest, we will make it a regular thing with user submitted themes and everything. But to start us off, we've decided on a theme relevant to what's being going on the site recently...
That theme is...The Viewers Choice Awards!
So for the first round, we will be accepting entries themed around the VCAs. That's really it. Whatever you think best embodies our beloved VCAs. The first round of designs will be featured on one of Zazzle's basic style T-shirts, so please keep that in mind when creating your design.

View the full rules under the spoiler tag:
Spoiler :
1. Merch design entries should represent AnimeMusicVideos.org.
(From the site description: "This community is dedicated to the creation, discussion, and general enjoyment of fan-made anime music videos.")

2. Please try to keep submissions family friendly. Submissions containing explicitly sexual, violent or otherwise offensive content will be rejected.

3. Merch design entries cannot contain any copyrighted material or registered trademarks you do not own. This includes all anime, manga and videogame characters, titles and designs (regardless of whether they are licensed in North America).

4. Please note that any original content you create for the design may be used by animemusicvideos.org in future promotions and merchandise. This includes logos, text (e.g. promotional slogans), and original art (including characters). By entering this contest, you are giving animemusicvideos.org the unrestricted right to use your design for promotional purposes.

5. The merch design must meet the theme of the contest in some way. Submissions must be accompanied by a brief explanation of the creator's idea to assist with the administration's approval of the entries.

1. You must submit your design(s) using the online submission process.
2. You may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
3. Do NOT pack designs together for entry. Submit each one separately.
4. Entries should be unique. Duplicate or near-duplicate entries (color variations) will be rejected.
5. All entries MUST contain the following parts:

1. A preview image dictating where the design should be positioned on the item that the design is currently being submitted for.
Examples:
Example A
Example B
Example C
Note: If the entrant wishes to do so, a detailed example image displaying the design on a template may be submit as opposed to a simplified example such as the ones above.
1a. If applicable:Indicate the desired primary color for the image to be displayed on. Primary colors will vary depending on the type of merchandise we are currently accepting designs for. If no primary color is selected, the design will default to white. This is for preview purposes only. If the design wins, the buyer will be able to choose any primary color they like when purchasing said merchandise.

2. A high quality PNG or AI of the design will be required. For exact image specifications, please see the Offical Zazzle Image Guidelines

Each merch design entry will be approved or rejected by AnimeMusicVideos.org staff for compliance to the rules before going on to voting.

Voting:
March 14th, 2012 - March 21th, 2012

Once the voting date begins, all qualifying designs will go on display for nomination.
Each member of AnimeMusicVideos.org may nominate up to five (5) of the submitted designs.

Winners -

At this time, we have yet to decide how many winners will be selected. Depending on the quality and quantity of the designs we receive, we may base the results off a percentage (Ex. The top 5%) or a single number (Ex. The top 3 entries.)

The entrant with the most votes will win an official copy of their design printed on the merchandise they had submit for.

We will announce the winning designs on March 23th, 2012
All deadlines and rules are subject to change at any time without notice
The last day to send in submissions is March 9th, 2012.
Official Submission Page with Rules Is UP!

So this is it! Your chance to support the org and show off your artsy skills is here! :D
We look forward to seeing your work! |:>

Post questions or comments below.

PS. Thanks to FallChild_42 for the awesome poster!
PPS. I'm a mod. :ying:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: A-M-V.org Epic Merch Contest

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 pm

I approve of this, obviously!

Hope to see some really good entries.
:bzz: :bear: :bzz2:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:36 pm

this is very interesting :3

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm totally in :3
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Pocho_Love
Org Profile

Post by Pocho_Love » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Cool.
I might draw something for this. :up:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Very cool...but of course this comes along right when I'm scrambling to pour every ounce of free time I have into finishing an AMV... *sigh*

I need more .Org merchandise, though, so I will be keeping close tabs on this contest! :up:

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Pocho_Love wrote:Cool.
No Yaoi! :dino:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:
More Yaoi! :dino:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Ileia wrote:
Shin-AMV wrote:
More loli raep! :dino:

Pocho_Love
Org Profile