State of the Org - 10-13-10

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Re: State of the Org - 10-13-10

Postby Midnightowl999 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:13 am

After reading the posts, One thing youtube does NOT have and a-m-v.org might consider. Open chats (chat rooms and such, remember mirc or icq (Seen MIRC work very well as an open chat when put in front of the website (Make it members only access AND admins and moderators need to be available to anyone when people wish to discuss amvs, movie editing, and such for the open chats. How about having private chat rooms for members as well so individual members can talk in private or possible in another chat room with a different group. (An idea that was also used by mirc to go different channels for privacy or can talk in private)It's an old idea concept ( a possible idea for grouped studios). It's only a thought.I saw this done on a website to great affect. I was able to talk to admins./moderators etc. At least consider an open chat part. It might help spread out your crew a bit and ease up the posts department a little by having people hash out their emotions on online chats and be able to communicate questions and answers more efficiently with admins or mods. Also I am sure there is some awesome chat software out that can be used to help that runs much more efficiently than mirc.. It is only an idea that may help with easing expansion woes........................ That's one idea to start with. How about more solutions. Folks. :). Never say die for amvs! And also it might let people who wants to just chat movie editing as well. Multi functional. Perhaps. Yet. I wonder if this overworked server or donut can handle such a project. :rofl:
In attempting to make AMV's, I learned one important lesson. When ya screw up, you can always blame sleep deprivation or laugh madly out loud. It makes you feel better. Trust me it does. :P
Midnightowl999

Postby JaddziaDax » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:24 am

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Pwolf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:40 am

The AMV chatroom, in one form or an other, has existed longer then the org has >.>
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle

Postby mirkosp » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:53 pm

I *always* said that #AMV needs more light and that a lot of users probably don't even know about it...
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby rubyeye » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 pm

I’ve been a member of the site and a strong supporter of this community for nearly 10 years. Ten years of my life fervently devoted to Anime & AMVs. The current “State of the Org” is merely an extension of the industry - which I believe is suffering through a transition period. I do feel it is time to evaluate the Org’s history and plan for the future. If that means restructuring / redesigning the website, it’s a welcome change. Defining what this site should ultimately be will help us in our approach as Creators of this art form, and for some of us, our behavior within the community.

I don’t know anything about AMVs on YouTube - I don’t watch them and I don’t even know if they have a community hub like A-M-V.org. What I love about this site is that first and foremost it is “A repository of AMV knowledge” and secondly “A community portal.” That should never change! It may help to look at other ‘niche’ social networks to get an idea of where we should focus our efforts in promoting this hobby. (examples: CreativeCOW, MetalStorm, TexasFilmmakers)

Conventions are still the best forums for getting word around and the most popular venue for showcasing videos. As long as they remain one of the biggest events fans come to see, AMVs will never die!
rubyeye

Postby post-it » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 am

mirkosp wrote:I *always* said that #AMV needs more light ...
from what I've seen lately, IRC's are only
being used by those who were around before 2003.
Not many people today even know how to set-up a
search-bot :rofl: :asd:
.. What I'm wondering is how many people know that
today you don't need IRC's to look for things anymore!

As for a chat-room for #AMV's and other subjects like RSS
channels, we may know about them but, where are they
being advertised at??
post-it

Postby mirkosp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 pm

There is a chat section on the site. Also, I didn't have internet until 2004, and didn't know what IRC was until... 2008? Which is about the time I joined #AMV and became more active on the org as a side effect of that. :asd:
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm

mirkosp wrote:There is a chat section on the site.

Hidden by a collapsed menu. Out of sight, out of mind. Same reason why we have 18 month old topics on the first page of the Recommended AMVs sub-forum.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby mirkosp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:06 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
mirkosp wrote:There is a chat section on the site.

Hidden by a collapsed menu. Out of sight, out of mind. Same reason why we have 18 month old topics on the first page of the Recommended AMVs sub-forum.

Unless you know about the warp pipe logo easter egg, to reach the forum you have to go to community > forum. Chat Rooms is right above Forum in that list. How is it so invisible to forum users? But well, yes, it is true that it's still somewhat more hidden than what it should be.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Nya-chan Production » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:30 pm

post-it wrote:
mirkosp wrote:I *always* said that #AMV needs more light ...
from what I've seen lately, IRC's are only
being used by those who were around before 2003.
Not many people today even know how to set-up a
search-bot :rofl: :asd:
.. What I'm wondering is how many people know that
today you don't need IRC's to look for things anymore!

As for a chat-room for #AMV's and other subjects like RSS
channels, we may know about them but, where are they
being advertised at??

IRC can be used by anyone (I use it almost 24/7 and I have the internet for about the same time as mirko) and setting it up is very easy, not even mentioning some online services (mibbit) which save you even more time/work.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby Kaream » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:09 am

A random sub-forum would be really, really, really nice. It would get editors to interact with each other much more and make it more of a fun enviornment, i'ono. Plus I have a bunch of cool topics I always wanted to post lol.

And yes, Donator's forum is there, but you'd have to donate in order to view/post. Kinda not fair. Hope you guys hear me out on this one.
Kaream

Postby Enigma » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:52 am

If there was a Off Topic sub forum, wouldn't it kinda destroy the purpose of the Donators forum?
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 pm

It would just take away the off topic forum being a donator perk
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby post-it » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:43 pm

which wouldn't be saying much to non-donators . .. ... unless they were allowed
to read that forum without being able to post a reply :beer: but, that would just be mean. :nono:
post-it

Postby Kaream » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Enigma wrote:If there was a Off Topic sub forum, wouldn't it kinda destroy the purpose of the Donators forum?

Anyone but you to reply :uhoh: , was kinda hoping you wouldn't mess it up just for once.
Kaream

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements