State of the Org - 10-13-10

Midnightowl999
Org Profile

Re: State of the Org - 10-13-10

Post by Midnightowl999 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:13 am

After reading the posts, One thing youtube does NOT have and a-m-v.org might consider. Open chats (chat rooms and such, remember mirc or icq (Seen MIRC work very well as an open chat when put in front of the website (Make it members only access AND admins and moderators need to be available to anyone when people wish to discuss amvs, movie editing, and such for the open chats. How about having private chat rooms for members as well so individual members can talk in private or possible in another chat room with a different group. (An idea that was also used by mirc to go different channels for privacy or can talk in private)It's an old idea concept ( a possible idea for grouped studios). It's only a thought.I saw this done on a website to great affect. I was able to talk to admins./moderators etc. At least consider an open chat part. It might help spread out your crew a bit and ease up the posts department a little by having people hash out their emotions on online chats and be able to communicate questions and answers more efficiently with admins or mods. Also I am sure there is some awesome chat software out that can be used to help that runs much more efficiently than mirc.. It is only an idea that may help with easing expansion woes........................ That's one idea to start with. How about more solutions. Folks. :). Never say die for amvs! And also it might let people who wants to just chat movie editing as well. Multi functional. Perhaps. Yet. I wonder if this overworked server or donut can handle such a project. :rofl:
In attempting to make AMV's, I learned one important lesson. When ya screw up, you can always blame sleep deprivation or laugh madly out loud. It makes you feel better. Trust me it does. :P

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:24 am

uhhhhh: irc://irc.synirc.org/AMV

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/irc/

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:40 am

The AMV chatroom, in one form or an other, has existed longer then the org has >.>

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:53 pm

I *always* said that #AMV needs more light and that a lot of users probably don't even know about it...

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 pm

I’ve been a member of the site and a strong supporter of this community for nearly 10 years. Ten years of my life fervently devoted to Anime & AMVs. The current “State of the Org” is merely an extension of the industry - which I believe is suffering through a transition period. I do feel it is time to evaluate the Org’s history and plan for the future. If that means restructuring / redesigning the website, it’s a welcome change. Defining what this site should ultimately be will help us in our approach as Creators of this art form, and for some of us, our behavior within the community.

I don’t know anything about AMVs on YouTube - I don’t watch them and I don’t even know if they have a community hub like A-M-V.org. What I love about this site is that first and foremost it is “A repository of AMV knowledge” and secondly “A community portal.” That should never change! It may help to look at other ‘niche’ social networks to get an idea of where we should focus our efforts in promoting this hobby. (examples: CreativeCOW, MetalStorm, TexasFilmmakers)

Conventions are still the best forums for getting word around and the most popular venue for showcasing videos. As long as they remain one of the biggest events fans come to see, AMVs will never die!

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 am

mirkosp wrote:I *always* said that #AMV needs more light ...
from what I've seen lately, IRC's are only
being used by those who were around before 2003.
Not many people today even know how to set-up a
search-bot :rofl: :asd:
.. What I'm wondering is how many people know that
today you don't need IRC's to look for things anymore!

As for a chat-room for #AMV's and other subjects like RSS
channels, we may know about them but, where are they
being advertised at??

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 pm

There is a chat section on the site. Also, I didn't have internet until 2004, and didn't know what IRC was until... 2008? Which is about the time I joined #AMV and became more active on the org as a side effect of that. :asd:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm

mirkosp wrote:There is a chat section on the site.
Hidden by a collapsed menu. Out of sight, out of mind. Same reason why we have 18 month old topics on the first page of the Recommended AMVs sub-forum.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:06 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
mirkosp wrote:There is a chat section on the site.
Hidden by a collapsed menu. Out of sight, out of mind. Same reason why we have 18 month old topics on the first page of the Recommended AMVs sub-forum.
Unless you know about the warp pipe logo easter egg, to reach the forum you have to go to community > forum. Chat Rooms is right above Forum in that list. How is it so invisible to forum users? But well, yes, it is true that it's still somewhat more hidden than what it should be.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:30 pm

post-it wrote:
mirkosp wrote:I *always* said that #AMV needs more light ...
from what I've seen lately, IRC's are only
being used by those who were around before 2003.
Not many people today even know how to set-up a
search-bot :rofl: :asd:
.. What I'm wondering is how many people know that
today you don't need IRC's to look for things anymore!

As for a chat-room for #AMV's and other subjects like RSS
channels, we may know about them but, where are they
being advertised at??
IRC can be used by anyone (I use it almost 24/7 and I have the internet for about the same time as mirko) and setting it up is very easy, not even mentioning some online services (mibbit) which save you even more time/work.

Return to “Site Announcements”