State of the Org - 10-13-10

hiddenninja
Org Profile

Re: State of the Org - 10-13-10

Post by hiddenninja » Tue May 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:
hiddenninja wrote:This ORG can start by being nicer to the noobs who don't know any better. Unless that's been going on for months, in which case, keep up the good work.
The noobs can start by writing normally. Unless that's been going for months, in which case they can keep writing so that nobody can understand what the hell has been written.
Honestly, what was the point of that retort? To argue for the sake of arguing? Because I think that argumentative nature, combined with the ORG's sometimes elitist tendencies, is one of the reasons why it's not quite as well off as it should be.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: State of the Org - 10-13-10

Post by Kariudo » Tue May 24, 2011 4:33 pm

hiddenninja wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:
hiddenninja wrote:This ORG can start by being nicer to the noobs who don't know any better. Unless that's been going on for months, in which case, keep up the good work.
The noobs can start by writing normally. Unless that's been going for months, in which case they can keep writing so that nobody can understand what the hell has been written.
Honestly, what was the point of that retort? To argue for the sake of arguing? Because I think that argumentative nature, combined with the ORG's sometimes elitist tendencies, is one of the reasons why it's not quite as well off as it should be.
Ok, I want both of you in opposite corners for some time out. I'd prefer not to delete posts from this topic.

I can say that one side isn't inherently right and the other isn't inherently wrong.
Can we (being forum regulars as a whole) be nicer and more receptive to new members?
yes.

Can new members make a better image for themselves by reading stickies, posting with decent grammar, and accepting constructive criticism?
yes.

...and with that (and going through the 12 prior pages of posts), I think this discussion has long since served its original purpose...so I'm locking it.

Return to “Site Announcements”